Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VAbarb
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Total Protection Interface is terrible

This new interface is terrible, Not intuitive, options are buried or non-existent - very frustrating - and I have an IT background.

Difficult to find specific settings - like how to turn off Quick clean... (it's buried) or where to turn off the annoying 'educational' popups like  SECURITY FOCUS:  with red learn more button.  

And the Settings gear only serves to obfuscate the options - like Quick clean.  On-line help search has instructions that don't match this product - so they are useless.

I have used McAfee for over 10 years on multiple devices (currently have 10 devices).  This interface is so bad that I am considering switching to another product.

Very disappointed McAfee

3 Replies
tromine
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Total Protection Interface is terrible

VAbarb,

Sorry to hear the changes have caused you confusion.  We are actively working on making the location of features more clear on the Home screen, and have an update coming soon (likely end of May) that should help there.  And your point about QuickClean is heard loud and clear.  We have moved to functional descriptions in most places in the McAfee app, i.e. 'Remove Trackers' = QuickClean.  But you are absolutely right that this may be causing more confusion.  We envision a point in the near future where we'll get rid of the old naming conventions...and go with functional descriptions throughout the product.

Thank you for giving feedback...and hope we don't lose you!  Reach out anytime with more feedback.  It is valuable to us. 

Product Manager, McAfee Consumer Software
VAbarb
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Hey tromine,

Thanks for the reply.  As product manager I am sure you are aware that consistency across the UI, particularly when referring to functions is important.  Just use the same name - even if it's inaccurate,  in every reference to that function.  I was searching for "Quick clean" because the informational pop up (when you hover over MacAfee icon in tray to see what is running) said that Quick Clean was running. 

Glad to hear that you are going towards functional descriptions - keep those marketing people away from the UI design ;->

tromine
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

VABarb,

Ha!  More good feedback!  Please continue to share as you notice stuff.  This is what we live on!

Tracy

Product Manager, McAfee Consumer Software
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community