cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

TOTAL PROTECTION 4.6.1.0 on MACbook 10.13.6 CRASHES-firewall issues

I had issues with my Total Protection on my MAC (it was not automatically downloading the virus updates even though auto update was on).  So I downloaded the new version (funny I was never given any notification of updates to the application by McAfee).   That should be automatic too.  

I had issues with the 1st download/install, it would not recognize my subscription as being active.  

2nd download/install.  Now it recognizes my subscription but still does the following:

1 - still does not automatically download the virus updates

2 - firewall blocks my printer and VPN from connecting

3 - changing my home wifi from "public" to "home or work" first hangs the Total Protection App - and then CRASHES (over and over and over).  

4 - so I turned off the Total Protection firewall (which fixes my connection to my VPN and printer) but Total Protection likes to periodically turn it back on (like when I reboot) or just periodically.  Even though the firewall "off" is saved.

Why am I paying for this software when all it does is cause me aggravation - especially after 2 weeks of trying to get someone in customer service to address this. 

1 - someone from India wanted to remotely login to my laptop during a chat session with McAfee - NOT.  I cannot believe McAfee things that I would let anyone log into my computer with all my financial information on it - especially someone OUT OF THE COUNTRY.

2 - INDIA support calls at bedtime U.S. hours (8pm or later).  Can't understand them and does not call back when you do make a legitimate time during U.S. business hours for a call.

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: TOTAL PROTECTION 4.6.1.0 on MACbook 10.13.6 CRASHES-firewall issues

This issue happens if there is an update that didn't occur properly. Try reinstalling the program and check.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community