cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopping McAfee removing items from Real-Time Scanning exclude list

I am running Total Protection 16.0 R22 on Windows 10.

McAfee allows me to exclude files from Real-Time Scanning by adding them to a list. McAfee will periodically see if these excluded files have changed and, if they have, it will remove them from the list. 

I understand this but it provides a problem when you are developing software. I have to put my executable in the exclude list but, as I develop the software, the executable changes and so McAfee moves it out of the exclude list and I have to repeatedly keep putting it back in. My other alternative is to switch off Real-Time Scanning while I am developing the software.

Neither of these solutions is optimal. Is there a way that I can tell McAfee that this executable needs to remain in the exclude list until I choose to remove it?

3 Replies
Highlighted
Moderator Karthik_K
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Stopping McAfee removing items from Real-Time Scanning exclude list

Hello @Simon_H_1982 

May we know, are you facing this issue when a new file is created with same file name and file extension during developing a software or McAfee is always removing a same file which always exists in a specific location? also please let us know your McAfee version and Operating System details.

Regards,
Karthik K

I am running McAfee Total Protection 16.0 R22 on Windows 10 Pro v1903 64bits.

I am developing code using C++Builder and this places the newly built executable in the same directory with the same name as the previous one. On some of  the programs I am developing McAfee thinks that the executable is doubtful when I run it and quarantines the executable (for example it reports the threat as Real Protect-LS!902D5CF87A0D). I can then rebuild it, put it in the exclude list and run it. However, when I create the next build (in the same directory and filename) McAfee sees it has changed and so removes it from the exclude list and I am back to square one.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Hi,

It's over a week since the last post in the conversation. I'm happy to wait for a good solution but I just wanted to check that we're still in the loop and have not fallen through a crack.

Thanks

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community