cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Security Report details

Total Protection says that it "got rid of 10 threats so far".  I would like to see the details on those threats but the security report only provides a count by day. 

Is there a log somewhere that can provide me the details regarding what type of threat was detected and how it was fixed?  If I am exposed to threats, I'd like to investigate where the threat came from so I might determine the source and address the threat at that point. 

13 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 14

Re: Security Report details

hello,

the info i found in a review report from pcmag website is saying the following;

McAfee doesn't pop up a notification when it quarantines a threat. It silently quarantines the file and adds a note to its history log, but the most you may see is a brief Windows error message. The only time I can see this being a problem is if you unsuspectingly downloaded a Trojan, thinking it was valid, and McAfee wiped it away with no explanation. If the malware arrives without your participation, say, as a drive-by attack, eliminating it silently makes sense.

if you would like to  know more you can probably best contact mcafee chat for this.

Highlighted
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 14

@TragicFailure

You should be able to see the Details in Security History under the My Info tab. Category and time-based filters are available as well.

Cheers

Sanjay S

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
Highlighted

You are somewhat fortunate.

When I try to access any "Security Report" (ever since the "Update" that removed the "Security Report" from its own Window, accessible via direct access - similar to "Security History" - except that "Security History" works) either from one of the useless "See Report" buttons or from within the useless 6 pages of that "Security Report".  Every page of that supposed report, displays, after some hesitation, "Nothing to Report".

These pages are useless, because there definitely are items to report in all 6 categories of the "Security Report" - they simply DO NOT WORK.

These "see Report" buttons have ALWAYS (since introduction and the removal of real access to the "Security Report displayed the "Nothing to Report" on my PC. (Even after re-installation.)

PLEASE restore the REAL "SECURITY REPORT" functionality to the "All Access - Total Protection" product.

I have reported this to GREAT Tech Support staff, who have all escalated it, MULTIPLE TIMES.

It has also been reported to various Management staff, including the "Product Development Manager" who obviously does not have an adequate testing staff - this is a no-brainer to test the "See Report" buttons before releasing the defective product.

Highlighted

So you do not see this I assume you choose a time period over which you did a scan etc? IE here I choose 7 days. I do not see 6 options only 4 to show in the history?

Clipboard3.jpg

Highlighted

Hi Peacekeeper,

Yes I do see the "Security HISTORY" report when I request it from the pull down menu (Under settings).

However, this thread is about the non-existent (at least on my system) "SECURITY REPORT".  They are not the same set of reports, and the "Security History" does not provide much of the same information.

On my PC, all of the "See Report" buttons takes me to an unpopulated page on the so called "Security Report" which has 6 separate sections, none of which work on my system:

• Anti-Virus
  • Firewall
  • Web Protection
  • Vulnerability Scanner
  • QuickClean
  • Shredder

Very, very little of that specific information is available on the "Security History" screen.

Historically, this product has always had a separate, functional "Security Report" with its own tabbed pop-out screen.  What now has replaced THAT report is now never populated with any information, just "Nothing to Report" report on the right, with the 6 "Reports" sections on the left.

The only thing that resembles a report is the "Security report" title at the top.

The attached image is of the "Security report" that was the subject, not the "Security History" report that you have attached.

Again this has been reported, multiple times, yet nothing has been done to fix it or the "See Report" buttons that get the user there,

I don't understand why this was not tested, prior to release.

(If this is only happening on my PC, I withdraw my comments.  However, I suspect that it happens to others too.)

This is the "Report" that we are talking about, not the "Security History" report that you are displaying.This is the "Report" that we are talking about, not the "Security History" report that you are displaying.

Highlighted

I posted a 2nd comment regarding the details of "Security Report".  However, it seems to have vaporized.  In that post i included the image that is correct for what we are discussing. - the "Security report" not the "Security History".

Instead of restating all that I said in that 2nd comment, just in case it finally appears here, I will just post 1 of the 6 pages of the "Security Report".

"Security Report""Security Report"

Highlighted

None of the 6 "Menu" choices (left side) will deliver ANY real information for that category.- just "Nothing to report".

Highlighted

Even though my original 2nd second comment seems to have vaporized, I received an email that it was posted.  Below is the text portion of that comment:

---------

Hi Peacekeeper,

Yes I do see the "Security HISTORY" report when I request it from the pull down menu (Under settings).

However, this thread is about the non-existent (at least on my system) "SECURITY REPORT".  They are not the same set of reports, and the "Security History" does not provide much of the same information.

On my PC, all of the "See Report" buttons takes me to an unpopulated page on the so called "Security Report" which has 6 separate sections, none of which work on my system:

• Anti-Virus
  • Firewall
  • Web Protection
  • Vulnerability Scanner
  • QuickClean
  • Shredder

Very, very little of that specific information is available on the "Security History" screen.

Historically, this product has always had a separate, functional "Security Report" with its own tabbed pop-out screen.  What now has replaced THAT report is now never populated with any information, just "Nothing to Report" report on the right, with the 6 "Reports" sections on the left.

The only thing that resembles a report is the "Security report" title at the top.

Highlighted

I also got your original post contents but still have no idea where this Security report button is. Not in Livesafe  as far as I can see..

I do remember years ago there being 2 report options. I wonder who did you get your All access from Mcafee direct or is it from a partner of them such as Dell etc?

I have not installed All access since 2-3 years ago so cannot comment what it has in it but Imaybe security report was removed but they left the launching page.

Best see if 1 of the mods can add something .

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community