cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Privacy in Total Protection

I'm trying to find out how to disable telemetry from Total Protection to McAfee. With the introduction of the new version with the absolutely appalling GUI (more on this later) and the arrival of monthly emails supposedly from McAfee sent through a 3rd party email service provider it is apparent that the information being sent to McAfee is not anonymous.

I'm trying to find a way to disable this telemetry. This search is severely hampered by the buttons in the new GUI not working regularly - and rebooting will not always fix this - so even exploring the options in this heap of garbage is proving difficult (and note that I am a long time user of Total Protection and the 'heap of garbage' tag is a recent, and very mild, representation of what I currently feel about it).

Can anyone help me out here? Having been driven to read the Privacy Policy as a result of this (an interesting read, I recommend it) and the absolutely shocking quality of this latest release I'm seriously looking at alternatives.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Reply
Moderator sanjay
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Privacy in Total Protection

@acommons 

Thank you for being a long term patron of McAfee antivirus. Appologies for the poor experience you had with the new userinterface. Apparently there isn’t an option to disable telemetry. Telemetry is used by McAfee to ascertain issue with the product as well as provide features like product to portal experience. This feature provides steps to fix any issue with McAfee, as well as provide option to reach support if it remains unresolved. Essentially it aids the end user in keeping the product at optimum level.

Cheers

Sanjay S

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community