Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

No Network Detected

On my desktop PC in McAfee under "My Info | Protect Home Network" occasionally, instead of seeing my devices on the network, the page states "No Network Detected".  What prompts me to go this page is the inability of my laptop on the same network to connect to the desktop.  No problem accessing the internet from the desktop.  Also, multiple other devices are connected to the network and have no problems.  The workaround is to reboot the desktop and all is well again.

Please let me know if anyone knows how to fix this issue.  Reinstalling McAfee will not do it since I reinstalled it very recently.  The operating environment is 64-bit Windows 10, version 1903, OS Build 18362.778.  McAfee Total Protection version is 16.0, Release Name 16.0 R24.

Thanks,
Zach

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: No Network Detected

hi @zkaps 

Kindly check if there is a windows update available for the PC, since the latest update for windows is version '1909'. we could see that you have version '1903' at present.

After completing the windows update kindly update the McAfee application and check whether the application is up to date. make sure you have a active network connection and check for the list of devices under your protect your home network tab.

Regards,

Bharani

Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: No Network Detected

Thanks for the response but it doesn't help.

According to Windows Update, Win 10 is up-to-date for maintenance.  At this point, version 1909 is still a discretionary update ("....available for new features........") so I cannot see why this would be the problem.  My laptop runs a Windows 10 version older than 1903 (new laptop, was delivered as such so I have not updated Win 10 yet) and I don't have this problem here so I think we can conclude that 1909 is not a requirement for McAfee.  McAfee itself is up-to-date so you see my dilemma.  There is something else in play here.

Zach

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community