Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Mcafee Management Service Host uses 100% of my drive

Could be webadvisor ensure you remove that as well and reinstall it

Highlighted

I have done as you said, remove mcaffee (and webadvisor), restart the computer, run the removal tool, restart the computer, run the malware cleaner tool, restart the computer, then installing mcaffee and at last restart the computer again.

After doing all of that, the problem persists. 

When viewing resource monitor in the disk tab. I filtered MMSSHOST.exe, out to see what it is doing. It appears to again go trough alot of my games at the same time (which are all on the drive mentioned before) and it seems to be writing to a particular temp file called mpf.dat.TMP which is located in C:\ProgramData\McAfee\MPF. 

Again im not sure what is causing the problem at this point. must be something in my windows settings clashing with mcafee as a fresh install is still seems to be problematic. 

Highlighted

Pity the mods did not join in I pinged two. Someone will soon. Must be a clash with something

Highlighted

@Peacekeeper 

Funny how mcafee relies on these forums as their costumer support. but they're completely dead. nobody has posted anything in the weeks i've been looking at the forum and im not even sure if actual mcafee employees care enough about this to actually start helping people.

Is there anything i can do to contact them and actually notify them of the problems im having other than this? Is there a hidden e-mail address im not aware of or anything. this whole website was built around the idea of making it as hard as possible for customers to get around so they get discouraged and leave.

I know you have nothing to do with mcafee as i can see, you're not an employee so i wont hold anything against you, i thank you for your help.

But i cant sit around and wait until a moderator finally remembers this place exists and starts looking at the problems because this is a problem that is affecting my computer on a daily basis at this point.

Im not angry, im just dissapointed.

Total security does what it does and it does it good. but i just feel like the support is a let down, sadly.

Highlighted

The forums usually get a mod reply within a day though follow up not always great due to what days the mods work maybe. i will retry to ping a few other mods . Also have you tried to call support if initial call fails ask for an escalation to a higher tech support call back.

Call McAfee support

@siddharth_r 

@Magesh 

@Sudhakar_A_K 

@Madhan 

Sorry I pinged a lot of you but last ping did not get help for this user.

Highlighted

bumping this again. still no replies.

Highlighted

Gees with the 4 I pinged thought someone would help. Try private messaging one

Highlighted

@siddharth_r @Magesh @Sudhakar_A_K @Madhan, I am in need of help. its been weeks and there has been no mod reply WHATSOEVER. Are you just plainly ignoring this problem? this is been going on for weeks and this is still affecting me on the daily.

I will not stop posting until i get a solution to this, either it be trough Mcafee or deinstalling Mcafee. And i would like it not to be the latter. as i really do like total protection, but this is just not okay.

Highlighted

Not what I meant click on the envelope next to your name and send a mod a message that might work

Highlighted
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 20 of 20

Hello @Zardzul 

We are so sorry for the delayed response.

Due to nature of this incident, I have sent to you a Private Message. Please check and respond.

Regards,
Madhan M

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community