cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Mcafee Management Service Host uses 100% of my drive

Hello,

For the past month(s) i have been noticing Mcafee Management Service Host to be using my second drive intensively to the point that other programs slow down, such as games in which textures that are supposed to come off of that drive load extremely  slow and the game has very long loading times. I have already attempted to completely remove (with the mcafee removal tool) and reinstalling mcafee to see if there were any changes, but the issue persisted. 

Please note that i have 3 drives. One C: drive which is my main drive which holds the OS, My second F: drive, which is having the issue, and another drive which seems to be completely fine. Mcafee only uses up all of the resources on the second drive without clear explanation, which is very odd.

Mcafee Management Service Host also seems to target alot of my games for no apparent reason at all, even while they're not running at all.

How would i be able to fix this issue? This has been causing me to doubt to leave it installed at all if it continues to do this.

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Mcafee Management Service Host uses 100% of my drive

Hi @Zardzul 

Please follow the Kb article and run the  Malware cleaner tool

Ensure windows update are up-to-date

Help us with the product and Version of McAfee Installed

Highlighted

My total protection version is:

Version 16.0

Release 16.0 R28

Mcafee SecurityCenter

Build: 18.8.126

Version 18.8

Currently downloading and running the malware remover.

Highlighted

I have successfully ran the malware scanner and it has found around 100 logs that seemed "malicious" since my last post i have not been having any troubles anymore since now. it happend again for no reason and the same process is flooding the drive again. i could run the malware tool once again but if thats the only solution it would be more of a chore to constantly keep running the tool to "fix" mcafee's problem.

I once again ask for help to find a solution to this problem. 

it is a very annoying and time consuming problem so far, i just want to get this over with.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community