cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

McAfee won't let me download ANYTHING!

McAfee won't let me download ANYTHING!

I am facing issue of not letting me download anything.  
Suddenly McAfee is not allowing me to download anything and says "virus scan failed" . This is happening even after i have completely uninstalled this annoying software from my laptop. 

8 Replies
Highlighted

Re: McAfee won't let me download ANYTHING!

Hi Avinash,

We are sorry that your facing issues in downloading files on your computer.

Please let us know with the below information, so that we can go ahead and help you further with this issue.

• Windows Version
  • McAfee Version
  • Browser Name(Edge, Chrome or Firefox)

Thanks & Regards,

Karthikeyan J

Highlighted

• Windows Version - 
    Ans: Windows 10 Home Single 
    Version : 1903

• McAfee Version Number : 4.1.1.37 , version V3 
  • Ans
  • Browser Name(Edge, Chrome or Firefox) - we have tried all these three browser
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 9

hello,

is your computer working again perhaps ?

i read that the problem was still there even when Mcafee was removed. normal with Windows 10 the security of Windows Defender and Windows Firewall takes back control when Mcafee is removed.

do you use a VPN connection on this computer perhaps ?

maybe this is causing the problem since there is currently a bug that could effect your computer.

Microsoft is currently working on a fix for that........

does this help ?

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 9

hello,

i was reading that Microsoft is rolling out the fix i have talked in my previous message that prevented partial or complete internetconnection when a VPN was installed. even when it was not active in use.

it will come automatic per Windows Update and is releasenr.; KB4554364

this is fixnr. is for Windows version 1909/1903

maybe when you have received this update on your system your problem is fixed ?

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 6 of 9

I have the same issue, contacted Mcafee via webchat and got disconnected! awaiting phone call which has not happened yet! These products cost money and are supposed to make our life easier and worry free, not block downloads that we need like my sons exam results! i have spent an hour on this with no resolution and it annoys me that others have had this issue with no fix in place. A simple question asking for our permission when trying to download is all it needs......

Highlighted

Hi @Avinashkudva & @col37,

Please remove the WebAdvisor extension from all the browsers. Go to control panel and uninstall McAfee WebAdvisor from the list of programs. Once done restart you machine, install McAfee WebAdvisor using the below link.

How to download and install McAfee WebAdvisor

After installing, try downloading a file and please let us know if you are still facing the same issue

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 8 of 9

Hi, I have tried uninstalling the Mcafee WedAdvisor from my system numerous times but it will not uninstall!

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 9 of 9

Hi, I have tried uninstalling the Mcafee WedAdvisor from my system numerous times but it will not uninstall!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community