cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee removing files without my permission

Hello,

I'm having problems with mcafee total protection. it keeps deleting random files that are important for certain prorgrams to run (like vegas pro 16 and photoshop) without my permission. 9 out of 10 times the files don't even show up in the quarantined files section. the excluded files section doesn't even work either, because when I say that those files need to be excluded, they get deleted anyway when I try to open the programs after an auto scan. what can I do about this? I'm really getting pissed off because I had to re install programs over 15 times now. 

3 Replies

Re: McAfee removing files without my permission

Hi @ElectroLuc 

Please let us know the Mcafee Total Protection version and Windows version.

I'm using windows 10 and McAfee total protection version 16.0 R22

@ElectroLuc 

Please let us know whether you have enabled McAfee Quick clean with Registry clean up feature enabled. If so, please disable and check if issue persists. Is that happening for all the applications, please list of the applications which is installed on your computer that McAfee is removing the files.

Kindly help us with more information, was this issue happened after McAfee/windows updates.

Regards
Siva

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community