Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcmv50
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

McAfee going to the dogs. - no support

Jump to solution

I think I've had enough of McAfee.  In addition to some things which others regularly complain about - McAfee Vaults (not wanted), App Boost (Switches itself back on), and other items, I now have the following problems.

No access to Tech Support.

After a reconfig my PC rebooted with another name and McAfee attached itself to that name as well as the old (now non-existent) name.  Trying to get support was infuriating.  The 'Bot' didn't have a clue and wouldn't redirect me to a Human.  I filled out the same on-screen form several times but on pressing 'SEND' I ended up back at the beginning.  I needed the old PC name deleted so that I could use the spare protection for my new phone.

The next thing I know I am being bombarded with warnings that my account has expired.  These warnings are from scam addresses which I am having difficulty blocking.  I am receiving more than a dozen a day yet had NONE before going on Mac's website.

Has anyone else experienced this or is it just coincidence?

If McAfee can fix the first two things I might hang around, if not then I'll uninstall and move on.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Allwyn_GI
Message 5 of 5

Re: McAfee going to the dogs. - no support

Jump to solution

Hi @mcmv50,

As discussed on the call, the device has been deactivated. The service request number is 2923049871. If you have any issues with McAfee please contact support or always reply in a post. We will help you. 

Regards,

Allwyn I

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Jump to solution

I completely agree with you. I have been a McAfee customer since 1999. I remember it was  called McAfee Watchdog. But I have had enough. It is just one problem after another, with no real support. While I'm not having the same problem as you I am coming to same conclusion: Time to move on.

Allwyn_GI
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @timothyb196,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. If you have any issues with McAfee, you can always contact our support team using the below link. If you have any issues please let us know so that we can help you.

Support team

Regards,

Allwyn I

Allwyn_GI
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @mcmv50,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused and for the late reply. I have sent you an personal message. Kindly check and respond to it.

Regards,

Allwyn I

Allwyn_GI
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @mcmv50,

As discussed on the call, the device has been deactivated. The service request number is 2923049871. If you have any issues with McAfee please contact support or always reply in a post. We will help you. 

Regards,

Allwyn I

View solution in original post

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community