Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xboxerj
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

McAfee Quick Clean looping on IE and freezing after cancelling and restarting

Good morning.  I just re-upped my suscription to McAfee Total Protection and the new version downloaded.  When I run quick clean and it comes to looking in Internet Explorer (which I do not use) it just stays on it forever.  It never progresses past that.  If I cancel and then start again I get a grayed out McAfee with white lines that never loads.  Only by hitting the 'home' button in the upper right does it go back to the main page.  My McAfee Total Protection Release is 16.0 R29.  18.9.143 is the build for Quick Clean.  I have included a photo of what happens when I try and run it again after cancelling it out.  I also uninstalled and re-installed Total Protection from my McAfee account page and it did it again.  Any help would really be appreciated as this worked fine with the older version of Total Protection.ExampleExample

2 Replies
Magesh
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: McAfee Quick Clean looping on IE and freezing after cancelling and restarting

Hi @xboxerj 

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please try creating a new user account in the PC and check by running quick clean and let us know.

Thanks,

xboxerj
Level 9
Message 3 of 3

Re: McAfee Quick Clean looping on IE and freezing after cancelling and restarting

Thank you for responding so quickly.  I apologize as I did not respond earlier but even though I have notifications (email me when someone replies) enabled for responses I did not receive any emails.  The issue seems to have resolved itself.  I removed Internet Explorer from the browsers to clean, applied and ran tracker remover.  I closed the program and re-enabled IE to clean and it worked fine.

While I have you here one last question.  I have webadvisor installed and to show results on any search engine.  I am using the newest Firefox but when I do a google search the red, green and yellow icons do not pop up next to the sites anymore.  How do I fix that? 

Thanks for your time and hope to hear back soon.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community