cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

LiveSafe updates

Jump to solution

I've got LiveSafe installed on my PC running Windows !0. All the auto options are ticked including auto update. However, I'm in the habit of checking for updates manually when I switch on in the morning (it is just a belt and braces thing that makes me feel better). Until a few days ago I'd get a window saying "checking for updates" and it would go through 0%, 25%, 50%, 75% then say something like "you have all current updates" or "downloading, installing etc. Suddenly this is not happening and when I click on update the screen just flickers and I get a window stating that my PC is secure.

Does anyone know if McAfee LiveSafe update display has been changed recently? I'm fairly sure I'm still protected but it was nice to actually see the new updates downloading and installing. I'm not aware of having changed anything in my LiveSafe setup - just installed all the Windows 10 updates when they arrive.

Thanks

Tom

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: LiveSafe updates

Jump to solution

@Georgi65,@Templar1

Run MVT and check if the issue gets fixed. If not please do a clean reinstallation of McAfee.

Regards
Siva 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Please clarify whether you click "Updates" on the main McAfee Interface or the "Check for Updates" link on the secondary window after clicking "Updates"

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I've been left clicking on the McAfee icon on the taskbar then left clicking 'Check for updates'. This opens a 'McAfee Security Centre' window. I click the 'PC Security' tab which shows Real Time Scanning on, Firewall on, Automatic updates on and Scheduled Scans on. I left click the 'Updates' tab which opens the 'McAfee Updates' window which says 'updates current'. If I click on 'Check for Updates' it returns me to the McAfee Security Centre' window. Update Settings are shown as - Automatic Updates On - Download and install updates automatically.

It all seems to make sense, it is just that before it kept me informed that it was checking for updates and, if it found any, it showed progress with downloading and installing. I liked to know how things were progressing and just wondered if McAfee had changed how they display the update search and install process or if it was still the same and something had changed with McAfee on my PC.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I have similar problem Thesre is all the time information please check internet connection or contact tech.

https://i.imgur.com/OGe7MDf.png

Highlighted

Jump to solution

@Georgi65,@Templar1

Run MVT and check if the issue gets fixed. If not please do a clean reinstallation of McAfee.

Regards
Siva 

View solution in original post

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community