Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mrshvd3
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 1

Keep needing new password.

I have McAfee Total Protection for one device.

Whether I'm logging into McAfee Community (community.mcafee.com) or into my account information (home.mcafee.com), the log-in is telling me that my username and/or password aren't correct.  This is from one day to the next.  I tried to log in yesterday and was denied.  Double-checked my email address and password, both were correct.  I used the "forgot password" link to change my password; the new one worked.

I tried to log in again today -- and again got the same message that my log-in info was incorrect.  This was using the new password (and double-checking it) I created yesterday.  Did the "forgot password" thing again and was able to log in.

Is there some reason why my password is now apparently only good for 24 hours?  If this is a new or standard procedure, fine -- but if not, it's a real nuisance being told that my info isn't correct when that isn't the case.  And having to change my password every time I'm going to log in.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community