Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrshvd3
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

In full scan....

Jump to solution

I'm new at Total Protection, so a question on something I don't know.  After I run a full scan, I get a Scan Summary that shows how many files and how many processes were scanned.  The files number is always in the hundred thousand -- the processes number is zero.  What are these "processes", and is there something that needs to be turned on to scan them, if they need scanning?  I am a home consumer, one device (just my desktop computer).  Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Karthik_K
Message 4 of 5

Re: In full scan....

Jump to solution

Hi @mrshvd3 

Our engineers discovered that the reference to Process scanning needs to be adjusted. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  Since last year, we have overhauled our scanning technology, putting more emphasis on behavioral detection. We have changed the way we handle processes, and while we enumerate them, and look for any suspicious issues – Processes won’t ever show up in the scan list.  We will making an adjustment to reflect this. Thanks again for sharing your observation.

Regards,

Karthik K

4 Replies
Moderator Karthik_K
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @mrshvd3 

We are investigating on this issue. Will reply to the thread once we get the update on this.

Regards,

Karthik K

mrshvd3
Level 10
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

@Karthik_K wrote:

Hi @mrshvd3 

We are investigating on this issue. Will reply to the thread once we get the update on this.

Regards,

Karthik K

I'm receiving emails asking if I've received a solution to this issue.  I have not.  Is anyone working on this "issue"??

Moderator Karthik_K
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @mrshvd3 

Our engineers discovered that the reference to Process scanning needs to be adjusted. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  Since last year, we have overhauled our scanning technology, putting more emphasis on behavioral detection. We have changed the way we handle processes, and while we enumerate them, and look for any suspicious issues – Processes won’t ever show up in the scan list.  We will making an adjustment to reflect this. Thanks again for sharing your observation.

Regards,

Karthik K

mrshvd3
Level 10
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

@Karthik_K wrote:

Hi @mrshvd3 

Regards,

Karthik K

I'm glad I could be helpful!  I'm assuming that any adjustment to how this appears in the user interface will come through a future update?  Thank you for getting back to me.  I will mark your reply to me as the issue having been answered.

Regards, mrshvd3.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community