cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you stop all these spammy pop ups from the program?

How do you disable pop ups from your program? I would like to disable all notifications, but can I at least disable the ones that try to get me to use your other programs?

Your program keeps popping up spammy massages about using your proxy, or some option I don't want.

I feel like I'm in 2004 trying to block pop up windows again.

I think it's over stepping having pop ups. If I want to see your program information I'll open it.

6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: How do you stop all these spammy pop ups from the program?

Hi @WebHostPro,

We are sorry that you are receiving too many pop ups from McAfee program.

Due to the nature of this issue, I have sent you a private message requesting for screenshots of the pop ups that you get, so that we could check and help you further. Please respond to the message. We look forward to hear back from you.

Regards,

Karthikeyan J

Highlighted

O.K. I'll wait for the next pop up and try to get a screen capture of it.

How do I disable WebAdvisor? I don't want you scanning my downloads or anything on the web I am doing.

When I click the option in your program it takes me to a web page with no options.

Highlighted

Hi @WebHostPro,

If it is Chrome, please click on the three dots at the top right corner and click on More tools. Click on Extensions and you will find McAfee WebAdvisor. Please click on Remove to disable.

If you use FireFox, please go to Add-Ins and remove McAfee WebAdvisor.

Thanks,

J Karthikeyan

Highlighted

Thanks but it's not listed there. I attached images of the pop up messages on my desktop and how there is no web adviser extension in chrome even though it still checks all my downloads and says it's on.Pop up messages from the program on my desktop.Pop up messages from the program on my desktop.No web adviser yet it's on and still pops up when I download anything.No web adviser yet it's on and still pops up when I download anything.

Highlighted

The extension is not there. That's why it's so spammy. You are monitoring my downloads and adding to my browser without any place for me to approve it ot remove it.

If it can be removed It has to be in your program. There is nothing on my browser to manage it.

Your program also daily asks me to get your proxy service and that my subscription is ending in months. All these spammy things you do, at least need a way to disable them.

If you keep doing these things to people's computers without their permission, and spamming them without a way to disable it.

Everyone will stop using your products. Just because you are a big company now, does not mean people will not stop using it everywhere from shady stuff like this.

Stop forcing pop ups from your program without my permission, and stop adding a monitoring system on my browser without my permission. 

Highlighted

Hi @WebHostPro,

We truly apologize for the inconvenience.

To get a better understanding, we have to work on your machine to help you resolve this issue. I have sent you a private message requesting your phone number and preferred time. Please reply to my message.

Regards,

Karthikeyan J

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community