cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Horrible User Interface (UI)

Hi everyone,

I don't want to sound rude, but the McAfee Total Protection 17.8 build 17.8.131 - Affld:550 user interface is complicated to work with. Anything I want to do takes n numbers of clicks and scrolling. I just don't understand why McAfee cannot make a user-friendly program, where end users can navigate expeditiously.

I click the Firewall icon, and I get this minuscule window in the middle of my 27" monitor. There is a scroll bar in the right-hand side. Why couldn't it open a proper larger window with all the options visible?

I click Internet Connection for Programs arrow and an even small window comes up. This window is where I'm supposed to see a list of the programs in my machine so that I can manage them. Well, I can only see one program name at a time. I need to scroll for minutes to find the name of the program I'm looking for in my machine. Then once I find the program, I need to expand it. Why? Why not open a proper larger window with as many program names, perhaps 20 or 50 of them listed at the same time. Why torture the user forcing us to scroll all over the place?

Every window in the McAfee Interface is designed to be scrolled and to show the minimum amount of information possible. On this day and age with monitors as large as 30" - I got 3 27" monitor on my desk - there is no excuse for such poor design.

Security History window is another one. I can only see four entries of 346 at a time if I need to see details of one of the entries I need to click the arrow to the left of it and then scroll some more. Why? Please tell me why?

Another example: When I get a prompt to decide if I want or not to allow the program to access the internet, I get the name of the executable, but sometimes it is not enough info for me to make a decision. So I click the arrow to expand and the info that comes up is something to that effect "programs can be used by hackers to access your data" or something like that. Are you serious? What about providing me with the full path and name of the program, allowing me me to see the information I'm looking for without the need to click n number of times and scroll for another 5 minutes?

I'm very disappointed with McAfee UI. I believe the UI should allow the end user easy navigation within the application, and McAfee is doing precisely the opposite. The UI is a scrolling and clicks nightmare.

Can you guys please change the UI and make it more user-friendly? Thank you.

Thank you.

001.png002.png

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Horrible User Interface (UI)

It's unfortunate that you didn't get a reply after so many months.

I disline this UI too. I preferred the previous UI of McAfee, but they haven't been good for a long time.

The current UI trend has been to force users with large monitors, keyboards and mice into accepting UI for tablets and iPads. Sure these designers can have two interfaces, one for such handheld devices but another one for desktop users. It could be applied automatically, or user-selected.

It really is lazy and anti-consumer to keep on providing these extremely limited interfaces and they hit productivity badly. I hope that McAfee wake up and provide a much better interface. soon.

Highlighted

Regarding this screen I emailed them 4 years ago I copied that email to many people. They promised they will work on it but it has not happened so far.

Highlighted

I will pass this onto someone in McAfee

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community