Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Perica
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Firewall block logs

Jump to solution

Hi all, I have McAfee Total protection on Win10 and firewall activity says it blocked ~ 200 bad connections, I've been trying for hours to find out what exactly was blocked. I cannot find any option in TP to get a detailed list of blocks, I've tried searching disk for logs but also nothing came up.

Can anyone help me how to find the list?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Firewall block logs

Jump to solution

hello,

have you tried the following steps:

open mcafee

click on the my info on the top side of the window

click on the display security history icon below of the window

you can select different options and it is showing the blocked acitivy of the firewall

maybe this helps answer your question......

5 Replies

Jump to solution

hello,

have you tried the following steps:

open mcafee

click on the my info on the top side of the window

click on the display security history icon below of the window

you can select different options and it is showing the blocked acitivy of the firewall

maybe this helps answer your question......

Perica
Level 7
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Thanks for the help. I do not have MyInfo, there is Account menu item and under it, history with some details (though not as much as I would like).

Strange thing here is that my firewall blocks all unknown ports (allows just a handfull of whitelisted) so most likely these connections were initiated from regular applications on my computer and McAffee blocked response from outside, that doesn't feel right, McAffee should't do that.

If he suspects some application on local computer is initiating suspicious activity it should block it then, and report what applicatin it is. McAffee shouldn't not allow outside connection and then block response.

This sounds like a bug in McAffee to me.

Jump to solution

hello,

if you open Total Protection by clicking on the icon you should see different tabs on the top side of the window like Startpage,Pc security, ect and last one  is My info.

if you click on My info you can see on the lower end of the window ; My account, Security History, Info and Help and Support. under Info you can see the current Mcafee Total Protection version for example. i am running on version 16.0 R16

if you don't have this currently visible maybe it is better to contact mcafee chat support to assist you.

Perica
Level 7
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Thanks, mine version is 16.0.R14, and menu item is account instead of my info.

I'll try to contact chat support then, blocking TP performs is wrong.

Jump to solution

hello,

thank you for the update.

i can remember that version R16 was receiving a new layout of the userinterface. and is different from R14. that explaines why you can not find my suggestion in your UI currently.

i can't rember not anymore the layout of R14 but the info you are looking for is probably hidden somewhere else.

hope mcafee chat can guide you......

ps. don't forget to mention you have version R14 currently......