cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

False Positive or Not

This morning when viewing some websites, McAfee Total Protection popped up and said that it had quarantined suspicious files. These were:

1) aznja.exe      with path C:\Users\John\Appdata\Local\Temp\Low

GenericRXKT-EYI8F241CF4216F     Threat detected

2) c03ys.exe    with the same path as above and the same Threat detected.

Both have the same date and time showing in the quarantined page which relates to when I was viewing the web.

I cannot find any information on these on the web or within McAfee sites, and I do not know whether these are true threats of false positives.

Advices appreciated

BTW WebAdvisor was off because there is a problem with it using loads of cpu

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: False Positive or Not

Sorry, forgot to mention immediately after quarantine when opening IE11 my homepage was lost and just got a blank page (about:blank). I had to reset my homepage. Don't know if this was due to the quarantine or the possible virus

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community