Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Perica
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Change interface language

Hi, I would like to change TotalProtection GUI interface to English (translation is terrible by the way) but retain my system main language. So I'm looking for a solution without changing my default system language.

Thanks,

Igor

2 Replies
Highlighted
Moderator GaneshR
Message 2 of 3

Re: Change interface language

Hi @Perica 

Your computer's main language should be changed to English in the Control Panel/Clock, Language and Region as the McAfee installer reads that.

If above setting is in other language then try uninstalling McAfee and reinstall from Here - click My Account at top right and make sure the drop-down country remains United States at the top. 

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

Perica
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

Re: Change interface language

Thanks for your reply,

McAffee is correctly installed with English installer, same computer (so same installer) just different account has English interface.

Due to work requirements for that user account it's not possible to change control panel language to English.

There are more than 50 various applications installed on that computer and most of them are localized however not one of them mandates this GUI language interface as McAffee does. Yes it's quite fine for installer to read default language at the installation time but it's not OK not to allow user to change interface language.

Are you saying there is no way (not even through registry) to change GUI language of the installed McAffee? If so that's a big defect on McAffee part, I emphasize that all other programs (from MS office to ERPs) allow interface language change.

Best regards,

Igor

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community