cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

AMSI API support

Jump to solution

Is AMSI API supported with McAfee Total Protection?

When I try to use AmsiInitialize function I receive very strange error 0x80070103. While the same code works properly for Windows Defender on another PC.

At the same time I can observe McAfee dll registration in CLSID registry for AMSI COM interaction.

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: AMSI API support

Jump to solution

Hi @RuslanP 

Currently we don't have any test program for testing AMSI functionality with McAfee. As you said please check with 3rd party antivirus and let us know

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @RuslanP 

Please let us know AMSI API and McAfee Total Protection verison?

Jump to solution

McAfee® Total Protection

Version: 16.0

Release Name: 16.0 R20

---

amsi.dll Version: 10.0.17134.1

Jump to solution

Hi @RuslanP 

Thank you for providing McAfee version. Error: 0x80070103 is windows update error, please make sure windows updates are upto date and check the issue or contact your computer vendor.  

Jump to solution

@Sudhakar_A_K  Thank you for answer!

I understand meaning of the error code - it was a reason why I have pointed this error as "strange".

Additionally, I have tested my program with Kaspersky Total Security and it works fine.

Next in a queue will be Norton antivirus. If Norton works with AMSI properly then McAffe will be the only product that provide this error.

By the way, do you have a test program for testing AMSI functionality with McAfee?

Thank you!

Jump to solution

Hi @RuslanP 

Currently we don't have any test program for testing AMSI functionality with McAfee. As you said please check with 3rd party antivirus and let us know

View solution in original post

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community