cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: remove metropolitain police ukash virus

Jump to solution

Although, this question has been answered, the accepted solution may not work since there's a new variant of this ransomware which replaces explorer.exe file. To remove the virus, you need to over-write explorer.exe. If you got infected with a new variant of this virus, follow removal guide exactly as written:

http://deletemalware.blogspot.com/2012/01/remove-strathclyde-police-ransomware.html

Cheers!

Re: remove metropolitain police ukash virus

Jump to solution

Today, we found the easiest way how to remove this virus from computer. I have Windows 7.

Any anti-virus programme could not find or detect this virus in my computer (tryed Avast, Windows Defender, Malware Bytes Anti-Malware, Microsoft Essentials).

The trouble was that my original anti-virus software expired and after virus download, the new installed antivirus softwares could not work

The way how to do it:

a) safe mode (with net, or without)

b) START icon left corner

c) the bar to find programes or folders/ go to COMPUTER and use the ,,find bar" there

d) writte *.exe, click find in all folders, time or date limitation when you download the virus (I mean the exact day of download)

e) See file/s (NUMBERS).exe

8. Delete

9. Celebrate by doing the dougie

10.than completely scan your computer by some anti-virus and delete all viruses

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community