cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nanda
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

how do you get rid off a virus- mimic program that has blocked my internet access

I have the latest mcafee anti-virus but a virus-mimic program has come up on my home DESKTOP pc & blocked my internet access

A pop-up .......Internet security........... keeps popping up stating that I have virus & trojans & doesnt allow me to access the internet

when I run the mcafee scan it states NO Virus found

request assistance on how to rid off this virus-mimicing pop-up

I am using my laptop to write the above

Thanks

Nanda

2 Replies
Reliable Contributor Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: how do you get rid off a virus- mimic program that has blocked my internet access

McAfee won't block it as a virus because it isn't one. It's a program, like any other, but it's a Fake AV program.

There's a removal guide at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-vista-internet-security-2012 which should clear it from your PC. If you have any problems, download and run the McAfee Stinger program (you can get it from HERE).

Message was edited by: Hayton on 17/03/12 05:58:39 GMT
Reliable Contributor Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: how do you get rid off a virus- mimic program that has blocked my internet access

Moved to Top Threats to be with the other threads about this Fake AV program

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community