cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ergojm
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Windows Secure Kit 2012 (branched from mcsvhost discussion)

Since I have disabled Netguard, I have not had a single Service Host error or a web browser crash issue however, I started having the following windows security warning notice at least once a day: windows security warning, windows secure kit, antivirus spyware detected and "antivirusspywaretasks.in" starts scanning my computer until I try and quit the application. I ran malwarebytes and no threats, spyware or viruses were detected and I ran a full Mcafee scan also with no threats or viruses detected. Has anyone else seen this and any ideas on how to prevent?

Message was edited by: ergojm on 5/29/12 10:19:20 AM CDT

Message was edited by: Hayton - discussion branched, renamed, moved - on 29/05/12 19:41:15 IST
2 Replies
Reliable Contributor Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Windows Secure Kit 2012

@ergojm :

You've got yourself infected with a Fake AV program.

For an explanation of "Windows Secure Kit" see the following -

http://www.spywarenews.net/software-reviews/windows-secure-kit-2012-scam-pages

http://www.securitynewsdaily.com/1647-windows-fake-antivirus.html

This may not be detected by McAfee yet, at least not under that name. As you've already run a McAfee scan and tried Malwarebytes, I suggest you run McAfee's GetSusp (there's a link to download it HERE). Any questions, just join the group. GetSusp will isolate any suspect files but won't automatically delete them (it looks for unknown but suspicious files, which might actually be innocent and needed for other programs).

Run it, if it finds the malware files McAfee can update the antivirus scanner to catch them next time.

Message was edited by: Hayton on 29/05/12 19:41:52 IST
Reliable Contributor Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Windows Secure Kit 2012

I've branched this into a fresh thread, renamed it and moved it into Top Threats. "Windows Secure Kit" is a new variant of an existing family of malware, and I don't think we've had any examples of this one to work on before.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community