cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Win 7 Security 2012

First thing I did  yesterday after getting rid of that malware was to buy the pro version of Malwarebytes and download stinger.

McAfee is currently running a full scan and has found and dealt with 2 viruses apparently so far.

Next job, wait for scan to finish and then re-start with fingers crossed having done the netsock thing (?).

Wish me luck :-)

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Good luck and I hope the pro version of MBAM doesn't clash with McAfee as it feasibly could...but most likely wont.   That's why I always recommend the free one.   The main difference between the two is that you have to manually update the free one each time before running it & real-time protection.  That's the part that could feasibly clash.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 08/01/12 8:32:33 EST AM
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

If you escape an infection by using System Restore, you can delete the infected files by simply turning off System Restore temporarily.    You needn't reinstall McAfee each time, just simply update it.

0 Kudos
cgb77ph
Level 7

Ex_Brit wrote:

If you escape an infection by using System Restore, you can delete the infected files by simply turning off System Restore temporarily.    You needn't reinstall McAfee each time, just simply update it.

How to do that? Pls. tell me step by step.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

0 Kudos
kuttus
Level 9

XP Internet Security 2012 / XP Security Center 2012 / XP Antispyware 2012 / XP Antivirus 2012 / XP Security 2012 / XP Home Security 2012  all these are same spayware.

If you are trying to remove this spyware, there are full instructions on how to do  that manually at the link :

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-win-7-antispyware-2012

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 29/12/11 7:11:01 EST AM
0 Kudos
Highlighted
exbrit
Level 21

How to fix file associations in Windows:  https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-1264

Kuttus please don't post registry key fixes, especially from rival software companies.

Your link has already been posted in every one of the many threads you have posted to, so thanks anyway.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 29/12/11 7:12:35 EST AM
0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 17

I think this belongs in Top Threats, so I've moved it there.

0 Kudos
plsm5882
Level 7

I believe the easiest way of removing this is by downloading and burning the G Data Boot CD ISO to a cd, then boot on it, update and scan. You can download the CD from http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/G-Data-BootCD.shtml

Message was edited by: plsm5882 on 29/12/11 15:30:38 CST
0 Kudos
fogger68
Level 7

I have more of a question than a reply on this discussion:

I have just finished following all the steps and downloads using the bleeping computer removal guide for this win 7 security 2012, but I am still having trouble with the firewall on my computer.  Last night when I discovered this problem, I ran the full scan using McAfee, and it removed 2 files.  I followed this guide after researching it today and everything came out clean, except turning the firewall back on.  I am using the McAfee software, and when I turn the firewall back on, it automatically turns off a couple seconds later.  In the control panel, I get an error message that I can't  change the firewall settings back to the recommended settings.  "Windows Firewall can't change some of your settings.  Error code 0x80070424"

I've even re-run the McAfee scan after I completed the malware removal process.

any suggestions??

0 Kudos