cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Win 7 Antispyware 2012

I was up all night last night fighting to regain control of my computer after being infected with Win 7 Antispyware 2012, a name I will never forget the rest of my life. It simply takes over and eludes every counter measure. Prevents system restores, web web access, can't be shredded, can't be pinned down, can't be quarentined or moved, deleted, etc. McAfee is normally reliable in my experience but along with every other malware detection and removal application mentioned on all the boards on this topic, this latest version of this monster malware rendered them useless since they weren't allowed to download and fight it out on even turf. I finally found a website www.pcrisk.com/removal-guides/6483-remove-win-7-anitvirus-2012 that provided a registration code to enter 3425-814615-3990. The secret is in letting the malware in just a little more and regaining just enough access to your computer that removal applications could be downloaded and have a fair fight. This code entered precisely as the screenshots show on the link above tricks the monster program into thinking you're either buying or have already purchased it (not sure which). This unseizes your computer and allows access to the internet where you can download malwarebytes, PC Doctor, and others (I did them all including the $30 for PC Doctor) and run them to track down and eventually catch and catch again (the malware seems to move around and fight every step of the way) and finally remove. There will be damage though. My 13 month old Dell running Windows 7 wouldn't quite return to normal as I kept getting an error message that McAfee's firewall was not on - nor would it stay on when I hit the on button. According to McAfee support,  Windows Firewall works in tandem with McAfee's firewall. Thus some people on discussion boards who are wrestling with this damage have said in recent days that McAfee said "talk to Microsoft" and others are saying Microsoft said "talk to McAfee." McAfee support determined that my Microsoft Firewall was damaged as I kept getting error messages when they instructed me to adjust Microsoft Firewall settings (apparently this same damage prevented McAfee support from remoting in during our email chat). I could find no way to fix this and final Microsoft/McAfee firewall coordination coordination issue. Others in the exact same situation on other boards in recent days are still wrestling with this remaining issue. However, I effectively solved it by saving my recent work product and then doing a simple system "restore" within the Windows button and going back a few days to my last hard drive snapshot and restoring. Now things are perfect and if I ever find those behind Win 7 Antispyware 2012 I will kill them.     

Thanks for you reply Shogun rua.....  I will have to try the site you mentioned.   Tonight... I have to go to work now.   I hope their instructions are simple..LOL   This tech stuff is way over my head.

hcdz
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 13 of 39

Shogun Rua wrote:

. My 13 month old Dell running Windows 7 wouldn't quite return to normal as I kept getting an error message that McAfee's firewall was not on - nor would it stay on when I hit the on button. According to McAfee support,  Windows Firewall works in tandem with McAfee's firewall. Thus some people on discussion boards who are wrestling with this damage have said in recent days that McAfee said "talk to Microsoft" and others are saying Microsoft said "talk to McAfee." McAfee support determined that my Microsoft Firewall was damaged as I kept getting error messages when they instructed me to adjust Microsoft Firewall settings (apparently this same damage prevented McAfee support from remoting in during our email chat). I could find no way to fix this and final Microsoft/McAfee firewall coordination coordination issue. Others in the exact same situation on other boards in recent days are still wrestling with this remaining issue.

This is exactly my issue, as well. Can you post  links to these other discussions? Has anyone found a fix?

Thanks!

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 14 of 39

Try Posts 2 6 and 7 of this thread

Hello, hcdz:

Yes, for the fix that worked for me, take a look at the #2 post at this thread:  https://community.mcafee.com/message/201977.

Good luck!

Robert Brunson

hcdz
Level 7
Message 16 of 39

Thank you for the replies!

I ended up going to Microsoft's Answer Desk (http://www.answerdesk.com/support/) and they managed to repair the firewall issue late yesterday. They tried a lot of different things, and it took quite some time, so I'm not sure what ended up resolving the problem. They reinstalled several registry keys related to the firewall, so I'm not sure if that did the trick.

My System Restore was also corrupted, and that was also fixed. If someone is having the same issue, try turning Syste Restore off and deleting all restore points. Turn it back on, create a new restore point, and try to restore. That did the trick for me.

Thanks!

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 17 of 39

You need to follow the clean up techrumy above posted that from bleping computer it has the fix for exe files not being associated correctly.

You can also try the stinger fake alert program

Fake Alert Stinger

Thank you also Tony....  I went to Bleeping computers site last night.... followed their instruction... till I got to the "Downlaod link to RKILL"  and that link caused Mcafee to say it was infected with a Trojan.    Got out of there is a hurry because I was doing this with another computer and transfering the files over with a USB cruzer.   So I was able to get most of the control of the computer back, but I can't get on the internet here with that computer.  (It's not configured for this internet set up and I was in no mood to do anymore last night) 

I will be back if I can't get it accomplished. 

Reliable Contributor Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Message 19 of 39

Discussion belatedly moved to Top Threats

Post 7 is the best solution available. I just downloaded and ran the Stinger and was able to professionally, quickly and swiftly get rid of Win7 AntiSpyware 2012!

Thanks McAfee for a royalty-free solution that finally works

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community