cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange problem with McAfee

First of all, some information about my computer.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home - Premium 64-bit.

I had Norton installed on my computer when I bought it, but the free trial only lasted for 30 days, and I ahve used McAfee since.

Ok, so this morning I turned my computer on, then some window appeared saying something about how my computer couldn't start like normal and I needed to download some program to fix it. I knew that this program was fake, since the Window looked like it was from Windows Xp, and not Windows 7. Anyways, I restarted my computer, and it turned on fine this time. I logged in to my account, only to find that everything had been reset. Then the little popup appeared in the bottom-right corner appeared saying that my computer was at risk. So I opened up McAfee, and it said that Real TIme scanning was off. I turned it on, but then it turned back off in 1 second. This also happens with my Firewall. Anyways, I'm pretty sure I have a virus, so what do I do?

Message was edited by: SamSwift - addnig tag and moving to top threats space on 02/08/11 16:21:56 IST
1 Reply

Re: Strange problem with McAfee

Hi,

Can you start off by trying our fakealert stinger please and letting us know if it helps?

Thanks,

Sam

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community