Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

I have been infected with fbi virus and cant clear it

i have used Mcafee and microsoft security suite and it keeps coming up with the trojan that it has to clear how do i get rid of it!!! help please

8 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 9

Re: I have been infected with fbi virus and cant clear it

As a side note i have tried malware bytes and running from another user. now the system will not even go into safe mode to try anything else. And the restore points are not working ether. i guess my next choice is to take to computer and go to geek squad to remedy it

Moved this to Top Threats.

First thing to do in these situations is to not panic and immediately power off.  Then boot into Safe Mode and try to initiate Sustem Restore to before it all started.  See the last link in my signature below for some hints and software (see Stinger and Malwarebytes Free)  that can be used to help.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 9

Those have been tried. as well. at this point it will not go into safe mode Doesnt even give me that option.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 9

it deleted my restore points

That's odd, it doesn't usually do that.  The malware scum that distribute these things must be refining it.  Next time this happens, don't touch anything except your power off button.   By clicking any key you activate it, so best not to touch anything or your keyboard or mouse.

See if this post helps:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/49659

Also stinger available in the last link in Peter's signature above might help as well.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 8 of 9

ltrain,

I hope I understand it correctly

As you ran Malware bytes, executable files for the infections were removed

It’s seems some of the traces are still in the system which is showing as Trojan in your Security Scan

My suggestion is to kindly confirm by contacting Mcafee Virus Removal Department using the following link

http://home.mcafee.com/store/virus-removal-service

Alternatively you can also wait for other mods to post here if they find any workaround 

For a free alternative follow the Hijackthis routine outlined near the end of the last link in my signature below..   Note the logs do not belong here.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community