cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello!

hi, the smart fortress virus invaded my pc. trying to find a way of getting rid is a problem. i have been trawling the net trying to find a solution and many say start up in safe mode with networking. the problem i have with that is that it just wont do it, it goes straight back to normal mode. if i carry on then it loads up but as soon as i reach the desktop a screen appears threatening to lockdown the pc if i dont pay £100 . it completely covers the desk top screen and i cannot get anywhere. does anybody else know of this problem, how do i cure it? if i load a cd disk up it is also hidden behind the malicous screen so cannot proceed further with that. meanwhile the box of paracetamol i have next to me is taking a real hammering....

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.