cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Catalyst Control Centre: Host application has stopped working...

Jump to solution

SS,

It has been a long time since I have dealt with this.  If you have done everything else PK suggested, you probably need to uninstall and reinstall CCC.  It is possible you have a corrupted CCC.  I know that is not the answer you wanted to hear, but if you have already exhausted every other item, reinstalling is next.

-jmmzadr

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 17

Jump to solution

The uninstalling of CCC was what some users I found on the net had to do as the malware corrupted the CCC install

Jump to solution

Sorry to post here with an out of topic question, but is ANYONE from McAfee monitoring this forum. I searched for a McAfee forum to ask some serious questions and this ranked #1 on my google searched, but there hasn't been any activities in the questions I posted. I tried looking arround and this thread is the most recent update thread I found...... but the original post is from 2011.... Really 2011!!!

Reliable Contributor
Message 14 of 17

Jump to solution

Means we mods should have closed it shouldn't we?

If your posts not answered by tonight will check them out. we answer what we can the mcafee staff are wandering through here as well so between them and us we cover most questions.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 30/06/12 12:02:03 PM

Jump to solution

MB,

PK is right on.  In my opinion it works best to do it in the order PK suggested.  You may not find anything on the first two, but the subsequent steps will pick it up.  You should run Malwarebytes regularly once you get through this issue.  I fortunately did not need to reinstall CCC.  You may, though.

jmmzadr

Jump to solution

PK,

A little behind, but here is the log from the mwb you requested on 8/26/11.

jmmzadr

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51.1.1800

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 7564

Windows 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2

Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.19120

8/25/2011 9:58:54 PM

mbam-log-2011-08-25 (21-58-54).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|D:\|E:\|)

Objects scanned: 459930

Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 27 minute(s), 0 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 2

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 7

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolutionAV (Rogue.AntivirSolutionPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WinServers (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

c:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\0.9554938234811139.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

c:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\unejhuym.exe.part (Adware.FunWeb) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

c:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\iaotnbgg.exe.part (Adware.FunWeb) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

c:\Users\AppData\Roaming\usernt.dat (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

c:\Users\local settings\application data\windows server\admin.txt (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

c:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\shed\thr1.chm (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

c:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\plugs\mmc249.exe (Trojan.Agent.Gen) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Reliable Contributor
Message 17 of 17

Jump to solution

Thanks though a tad too latenow  to help the fake Alert stinger developer bods but thanks for taking the trouble. Stinger would have been updated many many times since.