cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Upgrade McAfee ePO Agent on DXL/TIE

Jump to solution

Hi everyone!

I am looking for official document/method to upgrade McAfee ePO Agent on DXL/TIE server. I upgraded my DXL Broker Server to version 6 but McAfee ePO Agent on DXL is still version 5.5.1.462. 

ePO_Agent.png

I'm very grateful for all your help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 8 of 8

Re: Upgrade McAfee ePO Agent on DXL/TIE

Jump to solution

Hi @VietDuc19 ,

The latest version of McAfee Agent package available for MLOS environment is 5.6.1.157.

This package is typically upgraded as part of the TIE 3.0.x version. If you are planning TIE upgrade the MA upgrade will be automated.

If you prefer the manual method of agent upgrade download the MA for MLOS package from the download site -> check in the package to Master repository ( branch options preferred ) either you can perform Deploy Agent -> Client task assignment for agent upgrade.

Please, let me know if you find my response helpful by clicking "Accept as solution" and share a "Kudos"

Please, share a "Kudos" if you find my response helpful, don't miss to share "Accept as Solution" if my response answers your query!

Regards.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi VietDuc19,

I would recommend you to upgrade TIE 3.0 from 2.3.1 as it comes along with latest Agent for MLOS. Please see the below product guide.

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/threat-intelligence-exchange-3.0.x-installation-guide/page/GUID-CEA98...

McAfee Agent for MLOS

Considerations for McAfee Agent for MLOS are:

• If you upgrade TIE to 3.0.0 version, the McAfee Agent for MLOS is upgraded after you upgrade the server appliance.
  • Do not install the McAfee Agent for Linux because it is not compatible.

NOTE: The task for upgrading the McAfee Agent for MLOS runs at 12 a.m. on the same day you upgrade the appliance. If you can't complete the McAfee Agent upgrade after that period, you can upgrade it manually. For more information, see the Troubleshooting section.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you so much @LKS 

One more thing I would like to ask is about DXL Broker. Because I cannot find the location to post the question about DXL broker. 

What is latest version of McAfee Agent on DXL Broker? I updated my DXL Broker to version 6 but I saw that, McAfee Agent on DXL broker is the same before I upgrade.

DXL.png

Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

McAfee agent 5.6.3 bundles DXL 6.0 as a component

McAfee Agent 5.6.3 (and 5.6.2) release notes:

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/agent-5.6.x-release-notes/page/GUID-623025FE-A553-4812-AC07-EB9245559...

Resolved fixes in Agent 5.6.3 and 5.6.2

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/agent-5.6.x-release-notes/page/GUID-7FDB53FE-867C-4148-B75E-ACCD57B94...

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I am still confused about your information. I known that McAfee Agent 5.6.3 bundled McAfee DXL Client 6 as a component.

But I don't know: what is latest version of McAfee Agent that is running on DXL Broker Appliance? How can I make sure that my DXL Broker Appliance is using the latest version of McAfee Agent?

I hope you can help me to explain about my confusing.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I tried to install McAfee Active Response Aggregators on my DXL broker but nothing change about version of McAfee Agent on DXL Broker:

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/active-response-2.4.0-installation-guide/page/GUID-A814B463-D0F3-4EF3...

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Ahhh, I found a log file that show the processing of upgrading McAfee Agent on DXL Broker:

cat /var/log/upgrade-ma-20200120123205.log
[2020-01-20T12:32:05] Mon Jan 20 12:32:05 UTC 2020
[2020-01-20T12:32:05] Installing from /tmp
[2020-01-20T12:32:05] Need to upgrade /tmp/MFEma-5.5.1-462.mlos2.x86_64.rpm. Sleeping 60 seconds to allow MA to update task status...
[2020-01-20T12:33:05] Upgrading /tmp/MFEma-5.5.1-462.mlos2.x86_64.rpm now.
Preparing... ##################################################
package MFEcma-5.5.1-462.x86_64 is already installed
[2020-01-20T12:33:05] Something went wrong upgrading /tmp/MFEma-5.5.1-462.mlos2.x86_64.rpm.
[2020-01-20T12:33:05] Done: 1

It's look like the latest version of McAfee Agent is running on DXL broker is 5.5.1.462 and I don't have to do anything to upgrade McAfee Agent on DXL Broker.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi @VietDuc19 ,

The latest version of McAfee Agent package available for MLOS environment is 5.6.1.157.

This package is typically upgraded as part of the TIE 3.0.x version. If you are planning TIE upgrade the MA upgrade will be automated.

If you prefer the manual method of agent upgrade download the MA for MLOS package from the download site -> check in the package to Master repository ( branch options preferred ) either you can perform Deploy Agent -> Client task assignment for agent upgrade.

Please, let me know if you find my response helpful by clicking "Accept as solution" and share a "Kudos"

Please, share a "Kudos" if you find my response helpful, don't miss to share "Accept as Solution" if my response answers your query!

Regards.

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community