cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tie server dxl client?

Hi,

I have TIE installed with tie ova file about a year ago. Then upgraded it to newest version 2.0.1. DXL broker is also in this machine. Dxl broker I updated to 3.1 version.

When trying to update DXL Client it always fails?

ScreenHunter_343 Jun. 19 09.57.jpg

I think dxl client installed with tie server package. Could it be the reason why it cannot be updated?

6 Replies
Reliable Contributor bretzeli
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: Tie server dxl client?

Hello,

I asked and we discussed the question once. In general i think or i understood that you have the CHECK / SEE

whats under the DOWNLOAD Options on the mcafee.com site if you LOGON with the NAI from TIE. There

is an DXL Version there and i ASUME that will be the version that runs with TIE.

MCAFEE: This is NOT well documented from Mcafee. As we understood DXL is a strong key selling product so please outline that point.

clubez
Level 9
Message 3 of 7

The TIE Server's DXL Client should not be upgraded by using the normal (endpoint) DXL Client package.  It will be upgraded as part of a TIE Server upgrade when required.

That's what I thought. Thanks.

Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 7

We did not UPGRADE it on the TIE Server an currently with EPO 5.3.2 and TIE 2.1 and DXL 3.0.X all is working fine.

Troja
Level 14
Message 6 of 7

This is right. I tested this in my lab. Afterwards i was not able to upgrade my TIE Server any more.

Cheers

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 7

On the TIE 2.1.X 07.06.2018 we are still on:

DXL-BROKER 3.0.0.299

DXL-CLIENT 4.0.0.450

On the latest ATD-3000 Sandbox Appliance we see a DXL 4.0.4.459

Any idea if this is slower better? What about all the Hotfix if the DXL-Broker on the TIE Server stays allways at 3.0?

Just some thoughts and maybe a hello to TIE developer...

With 4.1 you can connect to CISCO devices and we heard behind hands that Fortinet/Fortigate is working. They are listed on their Project all together at:

https://www.cyberthreatalliance.org/membership/

These are charter members:

McAfee
Check Point Software Technologies
Cisco
Fortinet
Palo Alto Networks
Symantec

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support
  • The McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in is now available in the Software Manager. Follow the instructions in the Product Guide for more.