cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tie Server Primary server IP Address Change

Jump to solution

Hi 

I'm have have some trouble getting my secondary tie server showing correct in the Tie server Topology.

The dxl connection is giving error Unable to reach Tie Server Via DXL.

If I view the reconfig-tie.log on the tie server its still showing the old Primary tie server Ip address

This happened after the ePO and 2 tie/dxl servers was moved to new datacenter and ip addresses changed. On epo both are showing the correct ip'

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 6

Re: Tie Server Primary server IP Address Change

Jump to solution

I understand, excellent troubleshooting 🙂 

let's try to see what the secondary thinks is the primary and modify it accordingly, could you please edit the tie.properties file? it is located on the path below:

/opt/McAfee/tieserver/conf

you could use: vi tie.properties  and look at the property: server.master.hostname= and modify the IP as needed.

to exit the vi editor type:

:wq!

After modifying this file please reboot the machine

Please let me know if it helps
Alejandro

View solution in original post

5 Replies
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hello Christiaan18

On the TIE topology, is the primary TIE server showing any errors in red? if not then I can recommend that you follow the below steps:

1. Delete the Secondary TIE server from the ePO system tree, please do not select the option to delete Mcafee agent on the next Agent to server communication.
  2. Once the machine is deleted, on the secondary TIE server run the below command:

reconfig-ma

That will cause the reconfiguration script to be executed, insert your ePO details and continue with the wizard

That will bring again the machine on the system tree with new policies and certificates.

At this stage is the secondary still showing in red? if so is it still the error connecting via DXL?

We may need to take a look at the tieserver.log located at /var/McAfee/tieserver/logs

Please let us know

Alejandro

Jump to solution

Good day Alejandro

I have done all the steps described in your response. The secondary still showing unable to reach TIE server VIA DXL.

As per attachment in the original post is part of the reconfig-tie.log. And in that log it is still showing the old IP address for the primary Tie server. Please see attached attached.

Thanks

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

I understand, excellent troubleshooting 🙂 

let's try to see what the secondary thinks is the primary and modify it accordingly, could you please edit the tie.properties file? it is located on the path below:

/opt/McAfee/tieserver/conf

you could use: vi tie.properties  and look at the property: server.master.hostname= and modify the IP as needed.

to exit the vi editor type:

:wq!

After modifying this file please reboot the machine

Please let me know if it helps
Alejandro

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

Thanks Alejandro

its showing correct now and all is showing OK.

Thanks  Again

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Great, thank you for the update 🙂 

Regards

Alejandro

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community