cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leshe4ka
Level 7

The long wait for a handshake DXL Broker

Hello.

Faced with such a problem at the end of the installation TIE server.

After installation services rise:

• McAfee Agent startup
  • Starting DXL Broker initialization
  • Waiting for DXL Broker handshake

The last stage is very long wait for a handshake

With what it can be connected ?

While waiting has lasted about 2 hours

The result on the picture below

TIE.jpg

0 Kudos
7 Replies
hbazan
Level 7

Re: The long wait for a handshake DXL Broker

Hello @leshe4ka, have you been able to configure your appliance?

You need to have TIE EPO Extension installed prior to TIE Server setup.

Also, waiting for DXL Broker handshake can be due to communication issues leading to MA being unable to receive policies, maybe you are missing some ports enabling. Please check McAfee KnowledgeBase - Required communication ports for Threat Intelligence Exchange, Data Exchange ... for more information on ports.

If you still can't set up your appliance, can you run McAfee KnowledgeBase - How to use the Threat Intelligence Exchange Server MER tool for Linux / UNIX and send us the results?

0 Kudos
Troja
Level 14

Hi ,

i talked to a McAfee System Engineer yesterday. looks like this is an issue in the product.

McAfee SEs noticed the same issue. So please open a Service ticket.

Cheers

0 Kudos
VriendP
Level 7

It might be a product issue, who knows. However I did experience the very same issue and solved it by checking in ePO extensions first. I found the PoC Guide for TIE/DXL to be of great help, as it describes the specific order in which to install everything (it does matter). You can find it here, start in the middle of page 7:

0 Kudos
Troja
Level 14

Hi ,

this solved the described problem in your environment?

Cheers

0 Kudos
VriendP
Level 7

Hi Troja,

It did solve the problems for me at one occasion. I have implemented TIE/DXL more than once. I didn't notice the long waiting problem before TIE Server version 1.3.0.235 (latest version available) but that could be coincidence. Anyway, it's worth following the steps from the PoC guide, just with the latest version of TIE.

0 Kudos
Troja
Level 14

Hi all,

notices the same issue today at a customer. Network Settings are wrong, so we ignored the McAfee configuration. Now we see the "waiting for dxl broker handshake" screen.

- We rebooted the system, but we cannot change the network settings.

This would be a good option for rebooting, changing the network settings on reboot.

Why this is useful: If there is a big customer with several IT departments, the TIE admin has no access to VmWare, neither the Server Admin has access to the VmWare. So reinstalling the appliance takes a very long time. Therefore it would be useful to be able to start the TIE configuration from the scratch at startup.

Cheers

0 Kudos
khatib
Level 7

I was having the same error , you have to install the extensions after installing epo and before installing TIE

DXLBrokerMgmt_2.2.0_Build_226_Package_1_(ENU-LICENSED-RELEASE-BRANCH)

DXLClient_2.2.0_Build_226_Package_1_(ENU-LICENSED-RELEASE-BRANCH)

TIEServerMgmt_1.3.0_Build_254_Package_1_(ENU-LICENSED-RELEASE-BRANCH)

0 Kudos