cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

TIE and MOVE 4.0

Hi Community,

after digging around a lot the last two days I´d like to ask the community about my problem...

I installed TIE and MOVE 4.0 in our enviroment. I double and triple checked every policy and read all documentation but the problem still exists... On the MOVE scan server with VSE88 the TIE reputation with transmission of files and certificates to the TIE-Reputation page in ePO works totally fine. BUT, none of the MOVE clients (function in policy enabled) produces any entry in the page. It seems as the function is only working for the two scan servers where VSE88 with the TIE plugin is installed but not for the MOVE function. Every status is "enabled", or active, and DXL status also reports connected and so on... only the endpoints scanned by the scan servers are refusing to use/report tie.

Also tested with all the the TIE test files from here...

Any ideas? Anyone also encountered this problem?

Best regards

Martin

5 Replies

Re: TIE and MOVE 4.0

Hello,

I have the same issue; did you find a solution?.

Thanks,

Jose.

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 6

Hi,

i have not installed Move 4.0 yet, but testing much with DXL integrations. Just a question, have you installed the DXL client on a move client? If there is no DXL client installed an endoint is not able to talk to the DXL fabric.

Cheers

Highlighted

Hi,

it's mandatory deploy DXL client before deploy OSS component for VirusScan. I reinstalled the software in the right order (VS, TIE component, DXL, OSS) and it works fine.

The protected machines don't have DXL client, only the OSS server.

Regards.

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 5 of 6

To protect a MOVE client apply the Shared Cloud Solutions Policy to it

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 6 of 6

...and use Move 4.5 with  TIE 2.0. Move 4.0 is awful slow with TIE 2.0.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community