Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TroubleHere
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

TIE Server not getting certs from ePO on install

Jump to solution

We deployed DXL/TIE/MAR onto one server.  ePO 5.9.1, DXL version 4.1, TIE 2.3 and MAR 2.4.  

We received errors:

Failed to configure McAfee Agent

Failed to get ePO FIPS mode - problem with ePO server certificate, though it appears to be correctly matched.  cURL error 22

All of this when trying to continue without cert. We found that the certs are on ePO but are not making it to TIE server for some reason.

Reconfig-cert gives the error "New signed cert not received" and then TIE Server and PostgreSQL won't start.  

Tried disabling cert validation for the TIE on ePO Registered Servers.

Tried the command to regenerate certs for TIE in ePO browser as well as reconfig-ca.

I'm at a loss and feel like Support will take weeks to figure it out.  I'm going to try deploying them for a third time, separately, but I have a feeling this will happen again with TIE.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TroubleHere
Not applicable
Message 2 of 2

Re: TIE Server not getting certs from ePO on install

Jump to solution

We ended up solving this, but had to split the servers into two, one with TIE/MAR and the other with DXL.  I also updated DXL to 5.0.

1 Reply
TroubleHere
Not applicable
Message 2 of 2

Re: TIE Server not getting certs from ePO on install

Jump to solution

We ended up solving this, but had to split the servers into two, one with TIE/MAR and the other with DXL.  I also updated DXL to 5.0.

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.