Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmhernando
Level 9

TIE - DXL - monitorization method

Jump to solution

Hello,

Is it possible configure SNMP (for example) on DXL bróker and TIE servers?

Which is the typical monitorization method?

Thanks,

Jose.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tkinkead
Level 12

Re: TIE - DXL - monitorization method

Jump to solution

Strictly speaking?  Probably not.  However, we've had a number of issues I've had to engage with McAfee support on, and I've not had any issues receiving support due to the presence of the Zabbix agent.  In fact, in one case we worked with McAfee support and used the Zabbix agent for JMX monitoring of the tieserver process.

From what I've seen the TIE/DXL systems are based on RHEL, so any RHEL rpm you find should work on those systems.

3 Replies
tkinkead
Level 12

Jump to solution

We monitor a lot of our security tools using the Zabbix platform.  I've installed the Zabbix Agent on our DXL brokers/TIE servers with good success.

jmhernando
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thanks tkinkead.

Are third party agents supported?

0 Kudos
tkinkead
Level 12

Jump to solution

Strictly speaking?  Probably not.  However, we've had a number of issues I've had to engage with McAfee support on, and I've not had any issues receiving support due to the presence of the Zabbix agent.  In fact, in one case we worked with McAfee support and used the Zabbix agent for JMX monitoring of the tieserver process.

From what I've seen the TIE/DXL systems are based on RHEL, so any RHEL rpm you find should work on those systems.