Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sohel
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

TIE Content update

Hello,

Per McAfee KB90127, I can't seem to download "jcmcontent.dll_win32" to update TIE content manually

I know our FW is not blocking it. I can download all other files except the above.

Have you seen this issue?

8 Replies
McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 9

Re: TIE Content update

Hi @Sohel ,

Thank you for your Post! That is quite strange, I am sure I am able to download the file! Can you try connecting to a different Source(Network) and try downloading?

clipboard_image_0.png

Please let me know how this goes!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Sohel
Level 9
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for your response but what do you mean by a different source?

McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 9

Hi @Sohel ,

Just adding the currently available file's copy for your convenience!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Sohel
Level 9
Message 5 of 9

I had no issues downloading this file now, it just that when I try to download from that site is not working.

McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 9

Hi @Sohel 

My apologies for the confusing term used. By different source, I referred to trying to connect to a different network to check if that helps(may be try downloading the file from your Mobile phone network!). I am not sure if you are unable to download it when it is unzipped since I uploaded it in a zipped format. I can confirm from my end that the file is downloadable from the Website and hence the site should not be an issue here. Hope this was helpful!

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Highlighted
Sohel
Level 9
Message 7 of 9

I can download the file using my personal pc and using my home wifi network, but when I use my office pc with my home wifi - it will not work.

can you upload the file here (not in zipped format)?

McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 9

@Sohel ,

I am afraid that is not allowed in Community posts (literally gets stripped off when I add it). Probably an endpoint security program ( McAfee ENS perhaps?) performing a block?! I would recommend disabling whatever software you suspect could be behind this issue and see if the download goes through!

If you feel it is worth the work, I would recommend starting with your security software (Web control or Firewall components if any are present on the endpoint in question).

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
McAfee Employee vivs
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 9

Hello,

I believe Pull Now and Update Master Repository both were  failing.

To start with i would like to request you to please reproduce the issue and check the ePOAPSvr.log 

Additionally, I would like to inform you that might be something is blocking.

We have seen this in past where customers had allowed the site but somewhere in firewall may allow access, but may also be doing some content inspection.

Also, maybe something in that network segment - router, firewall, some software installed locally, etc.

Allowing the site in firewall is fine but may be It is some type of content filtering that isn't allowing the dll or stripping some content from it.

If you think that everything is fine in that case next thing i would like to suggest you to please run the wireshark and reproduce the issue and check the traces where you are getting any information or not.

Was my reply helpful? If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community