cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared DXL/TIE servers with multiple ePO servers

Jump to solution

Is it possible to share DXL/TIE servers with multiple ePO servers?  This would be useful during a transition to a new ePO server or between a test & production ePO servers. 

Are there issues when updating DXL/TIE software or extensions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Re: Shared DXL/TIE servers with multiple ePO servers

Jump to solution

Hi @ctcc-dave ,

There are two queries let me answer both, 

1. DXL and TIE extension upgrade do not cause any conflict. But if you are upgrading TIE extension ensure the TIE server appliance is also upgraded to the same version. Since there is a Health check called extension compatibility for TIE server hence if extension and product version is different it would result in the check to fail.

2. To share the DXL / TIE infrastructure 

For example, if you have two ePO's namely ePO A and ePO B. Assume you manage TIE & DXL in ePO A and in ePO B setup you can only have the DXL broker installed. Then you can create a DXL bridge (outgoing/incoming) which would help both infra's to be managed by a single TIE server.

For more information about creating a DXL bridge kindly review the URL https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/data-exchange-layer-4.1.0-product-guide-epolicy-orchestrator/page/GUI...

Please, let me know if you find my response helpful by clicking 'Accept as Solution' and share a 'Kudos'

Regards

Adarsh.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi @ctcc-dave ,

There are two queries let me answer both, 

1. DXL and TIE extension upgrade do not cause any conflict. But if you are upgrading TIE extension ensure the TIE server appliance is also upgraded to the same version. Since there is a Health check called extension compatibility for TIE server hence if extension and product version is different it would result in the check to fail.

2. To share the DXL / TIE infrastructure 

For example, if you have two ePO's namely ePO A and ePO B. Assume you manage TIE & DXL in ePO A and in ePO B setup you can only have the DXL broker installed. Then you can create a DXL bridge (outgoing/incoming) which would help both infra's to be managed by a single TIE server.

For more information about creating a DXL bridge kindly review the URL https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/data-exchange-layer-4.1.0-product-guide-epolicy-orchestrator/page/GUI...

Please, let me know if you find my response helpful by clicking 'Accept as Solution' and share a 'Kudos'

Regards

Adarsh.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

If I am setting up a new ePO server and I require the new MA 5.6.3 & the DXL 6.0 client that would use a new DXL broker with the 6.0 version.

Would the new DXL broker(6.0) be able to bridge with an older version of DXL (5.0.2)?

thanks

dave

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi @ctcc-dave ,

DXL Broker extension are backward compatible and it would connect.

For further information, kindly review this article https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB90421 and if you require any clarification you can use this channel.

Please, let me know if you find my response helpful by sharing a 'Kudos'

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I seem to have a successful DXL bridge between the two ePO environments now.  What steps would be necessary for the TIE reputations to be viewed on the new ePO server?

dave

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution
If the Bridge connection is successful run the "Send DXL state event" server task post which the Fabric will communicate in between and reputation requests can also be handled.

Please, let me know if you find my response helpful by sharing a 'Kudos'
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I do see the task Send State DXL State Event is scheduled and running daily.

Should the TIE extension be added to the new server?  Are there any additional steps in this process?

Dave

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi @ctcc-dave ,

Definitely you may require a TIE service (Extension and appliance) in the ePO B setup which would help you to handle the reputation requests and sent to the primary in ePO A.

I would recommend you to review this architecture referred in this URL https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/data-exchange-layer-5.0.x-product-guide/page/GUID-B80F2B8C-F57E-40D2-... 

Please, let me know if you find my response helpful by sharing a "Kudos"

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community