cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replicate Two Separate TIE Servers

Jump to solution

Hello, I have two separate ePO installations in different subnets both are sharing one TIE server and I want to dedicate a new TIE server for ePO2 environment and enable sharing via DXL fabric. But I have a couple of questions :

1. Can I replicate current TIE (master) DB to other new  separate TIE  ?

2. Is it better to keep them sharing the same TIE ?

Regards,

MO

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dfirstbr
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Replicate Two Separate TIE Servers

Jump to solution

Hi Mo

[Ans.] There is only ever 1 Primary TIE server on a TIE\DXL Environment. Additional TIE servers can be added to a 'Bridged' multi ePO environment (All done connecting the DXL brokers together), just as if it were a non-bridged environment. 

Additional servers e.g. Secondaries can be added; With the secondary in place full dB replication can then take place.

[Ans.] Bridging (one single fabric) with DXL is good way of combining multiple ePO environments for all products (in this case TIE server incl. ENS ATP) that connect to the DXL fabric. I would suggest that you have at least two TIE servers. This would allow for Full dB replication (between Primary and Secondary servers), as suggested above, as a failover option or the dB.

You might want to consider speaking with one of our Professional service Consultants to help you plan your TIE environment out.

Hope that answers your question.

-dene

View solution in original post

2 Replies
dfirstbr
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hi Mo

[Ans.] There is only ever 1 Primary TIE server on a TIE\DXL Environment. Additional TIE servers can be added to a 'Bridged' multi ePO environment (All done connecting the DXL brokers together), just as if it were a non-bridged environment. 

Additional servers e.g. Secondaries can be added; With the secondary in place full dB replication can then take place.

[Ans.] Bridging (one single fabric) with DXL is good way of combining multiple ePO environments for all products (in this case TIE server incl. ENS ATP) that connect to the DXL fabric. I would suggest that you have at least two TIE servers. This would allow for Full dB replication (between Primary and Secondary servers), as suggested above, as a failover option or the dB.

You might want to consider speaking with one of our Professional service Consultants to help you plan your TIE environment out.

Hope that answers your question.

-dene

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

Hi dfirstbr,

Thanks for your clarification I'll consider installing a second TIE for redundancy.

Regards,

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community