onedayoneapple
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Processes on upgrading the TIE/DXL/MAR combo box

Jump to solution

Hi Heroes,

Can you let me know what is the correct process to upgrade a combo box with TIE/DXL/MAR Server enabled?

I'm trying to go through the official documents but didn't find one.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 7

Re: Processes on upgrading the TIE/DXL/MAR combo box

Jump to solution

Hello @onedayoneapple 

Thanks for your response.

Yes, You are absolutely correct.

MAR 2.4 is a service that runs on TIE, you cant install it standalone as it needs to add data to the TIE DB. you can install it on the secondary, or create a new TIE/MAR combo.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a KudosAlso, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Hello @onedayoneapple 

Thanks for your post.

What is the current version of the TIE/DXL/MAR?

Tie and DXL can be upgraded.

You need to first check-in the DXL extensions and create a deployment task and later check-in the TIE Extensions and create a deployment task with TIE Platform and Server and send it to the machines.

If MAR is not on 2.4 version in that case it will not get upgraded because from MAR 2.4 

MAR now runs as a service on TIE.

So question remains the same, What is the current version of your setup which you are using?

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a KudosAlso, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

onedayoneapple
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi @Former Member ,

Just a quick question i'm coming up with.. my customer is running tie 3.0.460/dxl5.0.1/mar 2.4.1, but they are not planning to upgrade yet.

So the correct procedure would be:

Upgrade DXL--> upgrade TIE--> upgrade MAR?

btw  curious what's it means "MAR runs as a service on TIE?"

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Hello @onedayoneapple 

Yes, You are absolutely correct.

MAR 2.4 is a service that runs on TIE, you cant install it standalone as it needs to add data to the TIE DB. you can install it on the secondary, or create a new TIE/MAR combo.

Was my reply helpful?

onedayoneapple
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi @Former Member ,

Sorry to bring up this thread again.

I'm now testing upgrade DXL on my TIE/DXL/MAR combo box, but the epo client task actually are failing. I started another community post and found the cause was that the DXL platform/broker package seems only support upgrade on DXL broker-only OVA.

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/ePolicy-Orchestrator/Upgrade-DXL-Broker-client-task-failed-but-actually-it-s/m-p/654604#M71765

So the things would be which package should I use to successfully upgrade DXL Broker on my TIE/DXL/MAR combo box?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Hello @onedayoneapple 

I would like to inform you that there should be a separate Update package for DXL at McAfee Product Download Site.

You need to use the Upgrade package for upgrading the DXL.

Was my reply helpful?

onedayoneapple
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Snipaste_2020-04-14_20-22-26.png

I'm using those 2 DXL broker packages for the upgrading. it should be the correct package I guess...

Ohhhh...wait... just realized MAYBE I dont need the DXL Platform package for upgrading my TIE/DXL combo box right? DXL Broker package is the only one needed.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community