cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mismatch between Tie server version and database

Good day

I'm have some issues with our Tie servers. We had a failed upgrade and was sitting with this same mismatch issue. We then recreated the primary server restored the database and did a full upgrade. Once completed we recreated the secondary server.

But Now 2 days later we are getting the same error .

Anything we might be missing?

3 Replies
bbarnes
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Mismatch between Tie server version and database

Hello Christiaan18,

Can you share the specific details on the error you are seeing? I am afraid I am not familiar with what you encountered last time.

Thanks

Brian

Please see attached.

We did a rebuild of TIE  servers after issue we had. the primary did not complete the upgrade and we had the same error as attached. Tie was up and running for 2 days and then stopped again Yesterday afternoon. with this error.

So we recreated the primary server with ova 3.0.0.480 restored the database and did a full upgraded of tie dxl and mar. Once the primary was up and running we re-created the secondary server as well but directly with 3.0.1. And it was running for 2days the the error happened again. the only thing that happened that day was we recreated the dxl topology since the GUID id changed for the brokers.

bbarnes
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Unfortunately something like this is likely going to require a bit of log review. I would recommend contacting support. The errors could indicate an upgrade problem, but since it was working for a couple of days I am not sure that is the case. Secondarys perform a version check test against the DB to ensure they are on the same version before attempting to sync the DB. It is possible something is going wrong in that check itself or there is a communication problem preventing the check from succeeding. 

I am afraid this is not something I would call a common problem with the work you have described. 

If you have an open SR you are already working on, please share those details and I can take a look at the data. 

Thanks

Brian

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community