cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

McAfee Detects our app as threat

Jump to solution

Hello, as part of ShipHero I'm the main developer of a Desktop client app which prints shipping labels, it mainly consist of an Electron App with some native modules for detecting printers and USB devices. With our latest update, some customers had been reporting that is been detected by the antivirus as (ATP/Suspect!6c23cdc03ef9).

Our setup URL: 

What we can do for avoding this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor vnaidu
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: McAfee Detects our app as threat

Jump to solution

@nahuelveron 

The best way to deal with this sort of issue is to raise a service request with McAfee, because this could certainly be a false positive detection. McAfee could suggest you tuning your policies or provide you with a negative DAT based on the configuration and the policies in place.

I hope your issue is resolved soon.

Cheers!!!!

Venu
2 Replies
Reliable Contributor vnaidu
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

@nahuelveron 

The best way to deal with this sort of issue is to raise a service request with McAfee, because this could certainly be a false positive detection. McAfee could suggest you tuning your policies or provide you with a negative DAT based on the configuration and the policies in place.

I hope your issue is resolved soon.

Cheers!!!!

Venu

Jump to solution

Thanks, so basically we're not users of McAfee but a customers who uses our app is, I'll forward him this information so he can take actions, thanks!

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator