Highlighted
cjanne
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

How to upgrade McAfee Agent on TIE and DXL Servers

I did an upgrade of my TIE VMs to 2.1.323 and DXL Brokers to 3.1.0.595

the Agent is still Version 5.0.3.272

I found this KB McAfee Corporate KB - How to upgrade McAfee Agent for MLOS through ePolicy Orchestrator with Threat ...

However I can not find the MLOS Agent in the Software Manager on ePO and also not in the download section of mcafee.com

Have I to do an Upgrade of the Agent or is the Agent included in the TIE/DXL Update.

What is the newest Agent for TIE/DXL

4 Replies
Reliable Contributor malware-alerts
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: How to upgrade McAfee Agent on TIE and DXL Servers

You probably figured it out since this was posted a while ago, but still will provide you part of the answer.

McAfee Agent for MLOS 5.0.4 is only available at McAfee Downloads in the TIE server section. See KB85586 for instructions to deploy the agent to the TIE server appliance. Do not install the McAfee Agent for Linux because it is not compatible.

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/threat-intelligence-exchange-2.1.0-installation-guide-epolicy-orchest...

From what's being currently offered the Agent is at 5.0.6 right now. To get to it, you have to go through the download page, then on McAfee Threat Intelligence Exchange 2.1, under packages you should see the McAfee Agent for MLOS.

Now let me know if you find official documentation for doing the same thing on the DXL appliances and what Agent version is officially supported on those is also not easy to obtain.

I don't get why the McAfee Agent for MLOS isn't available under the McAfee Agent download section, since it could possibly be used on DXL and TIE and probably MAR also and ATD...

Hi Guys,

same problem here. I cannot find the McAfee Agent for MLOS Package to update my TIE Server.

I went to Download Page using my ePO Grant Number -> My Products, but there ist no "Threat Intelligence Exchange" Section. Seems they have moved it again <insert screams of despair here/>

Please McAfee, do not make this more complicated to your customers than necessary. Is it really that difficult to get things sorted correctly ? I mean as it is a McAfee Agent, everyone will try to find it in the "McAfee Agent" section.

From a logical point of view it also does not make sense to exclude this package from software catalogue, does it ?

Regards,

Marcus

iStar
Level 8
Message 4 of 5

Its in the Threat Intelligence Exchange section, then just tick packages and its there, although its still not been updated for some time!  Hope this helps: tie mlos.JPG

So far, so good.

But when i tick "McAfee Threat Intelligence Exchange", the following screen shows no McAfee Agent for MLOS:

TIE-Download-Section.jpg

Thanks for tryin to help, but thats not it Smiley Sad

Regards,

Marcus

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.