ePO McAfee Virtual Technician (ePO-MVT) 22.214.171.124 Release Announcement
ePO-MVT 1.0 takes security management to a new level. McAfee is making products more “supportable” by adding automated product issue diagnosis and resolution capabilities right into the software. McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator gives customers end-to-end visibility and control to centrally manage enterprise security solutions. With the addition of MVT, ePO can now diagnose and selectively resolve many McAfee software issues across all nodes, deliver reports to the ePO administrator, and send the results to McAfee for rapid support as needed.
A recently discovered random issue associated with the ePO-MVT product identification in the ePO Master Repository. The issue has been corrected in the current release.
· New ePO-MVT users are not affected by this issue and no further action is necessary.
· Existing ePO-MVT users need to remove and replace the old ePO-MVT ClientContentUpgrade Package from their Master Repository with the new version included in this release. Removal of ePO-MVT from the managed end nodes is not required.
o The effects of not removing the old content package are:
1. Error log in the Orion log file during any future content package check-in.
2. Both old and new content packages would exist in the ePO repository as the old one is not being replaced. Even though all product functionality works fine.
For further information, please refer to KB68917
• ePO Managed McAfee Virtual Technician (MVT)
• MVT deployable on multiple nodes via ePO deployment task
• Scheduled Enterprise product health check & remediation
• Heal check and remediation reports to the ePO server
• Automated content update using CommonUpdater infrastructure
• Upload of results to McAfee MVT database optional to the ePO administrator.
• Support has immediate access to MVT results once uploaded
• Leverage ePO management capability for the automated product issue identification and fixes
• Easier and faster product adoption by corporate customers due to single console management via ePO
• Proactive and seamless product issue identification and optional remediation via scheduled tasks
• Enterprise product issue identification now happens at every patch level
• Helps reduce Support calls
· Integrates with:
- McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator version 4.0 (latest patch)
- McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator version 4.5
· Diagnoses and/or resolves issues in McAfee products as required.
· Resolves selected deviation(s) in required product or component.
· Runs health check and resolves any deviation in McAfee product(s) even if MVT content is not updated.
· Uploads the health check report to MVT server from an ePO server or a managed node.
· Runs pre-defined queries which query the ePolicy Orchestrator database and generate a tabular output.
· Purges selected instance query result from ePolicy Orchestrator server.
· Alerts when MVT is unhealthy or a supported product installed on managed node is unhealthy.
· Controls the client system restart to complete remediation (if required).
· Enforces policies on managed nodes, which define user permissions and product patch to be used.
· Enables managed node users to run MVT based on the policy settings.
· Provides managed node users with Health Check report and Problem log which list the deviations in the McAfee products.
· Supports Permission Sets.
· Supports Notifications.
· Supports Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6 and later.
· Supports Mozilla Firefox version 2.0 and later.
To download ePO-MVT packages, use the McAfee WebMER site.
2. Accept the license agreement, select the required package from the "Select your option to be downloaded" drop-down list, then click Download.
NOTE: The ePO-MVT Extension Package, ePO-MVT Deployment Package, and ePO-MVT ClientContentUpgrade Package must be downloaded before installing.
The Walkthrough Guide is available in the Knowledge base (KB PD22556) https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=PD22556
Readme & Release Notes
The Readme and release notes document is available in the Knowledge base (KB PD22569) https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=PD22569
It feels really good to hear that from you!
Please pour in your suggestions or queries while you continue to use ePO-MVT, we would be glad to answer your queries on the product.