cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redeploying ePO-MVT

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have deployed MVT using a client task.  Now, I have a workstation on which ePO is reporting that MVT is corrupted.  What are my options for remotely reinstalling/redeploying MVT to this workstation?

Thanks,

- Steve

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dcrowe
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 8

Re: Redeploying ePO-MVT

Jump to solution

Hi Steve,

The only way to redeploy MVT is to do reinstall task and this will reinstall MVT over the corrupted MVT install.

There is no need to uninstall and then resintall for corrupt install of MVT.

If you create a fresh install task this will overwrite the existing corrupted install.

Thanks

Declan

7 Replies
dcrowe
Level 9
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi Steve,

Can you send us on the screenshot of the error that you are seeing.

Its just want to verify whether or not that you are getting corrupted message or content is out of date message for MVT ?

Also could you send us on details of the workstation that you are seeing issue on so that i can try to reproduce it.

Thanks

Declan

Jump to solution

Hello Declan,

Thanks for the response.  The workstation details are below, and the screen shot is attached.

Thanks,

- Steve

System Name 154CHRIS-SK1-IS
System Description
System Location My Organization\vcnynt.com\NY\IS Workstations
User Name stevek
Domain Name VCNYNT
IP Address 10.1.11.241
Operating System OS Type:Windows XP,OS PlatformSmiley Tonguerofessional,OS Version:5.1,OS Service Pack VersionSmiley Frustratedervice Pack 3
Is 64 Bit OS No
Description
Tags Windows XP Service Pack 3, Workstation
System Tree Sorting Disabled
Managed State Managed
Agent Version (deprecated) 4.5.0.1499
Last Communication 7/16/10 10:22:53 AM
Last Sequence Error
Sequence Errors 0
Installed Products McAfee Agent 4.5.0.1499, Host Intrusion Prevention 7.0.0.1159, Product Coverage Reports 4.5.0.1499, ePO-MVT 1.0.4.0, VirusScan Enterprise 8.7.0.570.Wrk, AntiSpyware 8.7.0.129
Custom 1
Custom 2
Custom 3
Custom 4
AntiSpyware
Product Version 8.7.0.129
More
VirusScan Enterprise
Product Version 8.7.0.570.Wrk
Language Neutral
Hotfix/Patch Version 3
Service Pack
DAT Version 6044.0000
Engine Version 5400.1158
Engine (x64) Version
License Status licensed
More
Product Coverage Reports
Product Version 4.5.0.1499
More
Host Intrusion Prevention
Product Version 7.0.0.1159
Language English
Hotfix/Patch Version 8
Service Pack
More
Agent
Product Version 4.5.0.1499
Language English
Hotfix/Patch Version
ePO-MVT
Product Version 1.0.4.0
Service Pack
Installed Path C:\Program Files\McAfee\Supportability\ePOMVT
More
McAfee Agent
Agent Wake-Up Communication Port:8081
Agent-to-Server Communication Interval:60 minutes
Policy Enforcement Interval:5 minutes
Rogue System Detection
No Rogue System Sensor properties are available at this time.
Related Items
dcrowe
Level 9
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi Steve,

From the information below you have the latest version of EPO-MVT 1.0.4.

Have you deployed EPO-MVT on multiple machines with one machine saying it has corrupted MVT installed or just this single machine that you are having issue saying its corrupted ?

Its just MVT has been corrupted for some reason. Could you redeploy EPOMVT and verify that through the Agent that the deployment was successful. Then once the deployment was successful could you run MVT Diagnostic tasks to check that it runs fine by checking the MVT reports to verify that it was run correctly and still not showing Corrupted message.

If you are still seeing corrupted message then can start looking at the log files to figure out the issue and try to reproduce the problem.

Thanks

Declan  

Jump to solution

Hi Declan,

We have MVT deployed to a few hundred machines.  This workstation has had it for over a month, but MVT only got corrupted yesterday.

My question was HOW to redeploy MVT.  The only way I know of is to create an uninstallation task for the workstation, and then create a reinstallation task.  This is cumbersome and takes too much time to do it for just one workstation.  What are my other options?

Thanks,

- Steve

dcrowe
Level 9
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi Steve,

The only way to redeploy MVT is to do reinstall task and this will reinstall MVT over the corrupted MVT install.

There is no need to uninstall and then resintall for corrupt install of MVT.

If you create a fresh install task this will overwrite the existing corrupted install.

Thanks

Declan

dcrowe
Level 9
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi Steve,

To redeploy MVT to remove the corrupt MVT installation you will first need to Uninstall MVT and then reinstall it to get MVT working again.

Declan

Jump to solution

Hi Declan,

Creating a new deployment task and overwriting the original instllation seems to work.  I haven't needed to uninstall first.

Thanks,

- Steve