McAfee ePO-MVT is now available for download from the McAfee WebMER site:
ePO-MVT 1.0 takes security management to a new level. McAfee is making products more "supportable" by adding automated product issue diagnosis and resolution capabilities right into the software. McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator gives customers end-to-end visibility and control to centrally manage enterprise security solutions. With the addition of MVT, ePO can now diagnose and selectively resolve many McAfee software issues across all nodes, deliver reports to the ePO administrator, and send the results to McAfee for rapid support as needed.
*What is ePO-MVT?
- ePO Managed McAfee Virtual Technician (MVT)
- MVT deployable on multiple nodes via ePO deployment task
- Scheduled Enterprise product health check & remediation
- Heal check and remediation reports to the ePO server
- Automated content update using CommonUpdater infrastructure
- Upload of results to McAfee MVT database optional to the ePO administrator.
- Support has immediate access to MVT results once uploaded
- Integrates with:
-- McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator version 4.0 (latest patch)
-- McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator version 4.5
- Diagnoses and/or resolves issues in McAfee products as required.
- Resolves selected deviation(s) in required product or component.
- Runs health check and resolves any deviation in McAfee product(s) even if MVT content is not updated.
- Uploads the health check report to MVT server from an ePO server or a managed node.
- Runs pre-defined queries which query the ePolicy Orchestrator database and generate a tabular output.
- Purges selected instance query result from ePolicy Orchestrator server.
- Alerts when MVT is unhealthy or a supported product installed on managed node is unhealthy.
- Controls the client system restart to complete remediation (if required).
- Enforces policies on managed nodes, which define user permissions and product patch to be used.
- Enables managed node users to run MVT based on the policy settings.
- Provides managed node users with Health Check report and Problem log which list the deviations in the McAfee products.
- Supports Permission Sets.
- Supports Notifications.
- Supports Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6 and later.
- Supports Mozilla Firefox version 2.0 and later.
Please review the Walkthrough Guide and Readme & Release Notes via the McAfee KnowledgeBase for additional important information:
PD22556 : ePolicy Orchestrator - McAfee Virtual Technician 1.0 Walkthrough Guide <https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=PD22556>
PD22569 : ePO-MVT 1.0 RTW Release Notes <https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=PD22569>
another geart McAfee product thats ePO managable. thank you very much.
the link is useless. whether i try in IE or Firefox I get:
" McAfee WebMER is not supported in this browser. Please use Internet Explorer 5.5 or above to navigate to McAfee WebMER."
Can I download it from customer download area?
The website is supported in IE 5.5 and above, FireFox isn't at this time. Have you tried to refresh you IE cache?
Otherwise, the download links are currently disabled as we will posting in the next couple of days an updated package and would like customers to use it instead.
Thank you for you interest and patience.
Another applause for making it usable on both x86 and x64. will you be posting it on customer download area anytime soon? I couldnt find it right now.
by the way, I'm using windows 7 which comes with IE8
1ndianMessage was edited by: easy1ndian on 7/5/10 12:17:59 PM GST
Not available any longer?
|Select your option to be downloaded:|
|Click here to download ePO-MVT context-sensitive help extension. Install this extension on ePO with ePO-MVT product extensions.|
We have the latest ePO-MVT packages available for downoad from MER site (http://mer.mcafee.com/enduser/downloadepomvt.aspx)
Existing customers please remove the older ePO-MVT content package (ePO-MVT Client Content Upgrade package) from the ePO Master Repository before check in the new packages.
Please feel free to post your queries regarding the product.
The link you submitted is actinf funny. In IE, if you go to http://mer.mcafee.com/ first, the link automatically takes you to the right page which the is the same link you provided in your post. but if you click/copy-paste on it directly, it won't. strange!!!
Now it's "Server Error in '/enduser' Application"
Firefox is still no no.
Message was edited by: easy1ndian on 7/5/10 6:18:19 PM GSTMessage was edited by: easy1ndian on 7/5/10 6:19:29 PM GST
There are multiple tools hosted on http://mer.mcafee.com. That is the main page and from there you can click on the options available in the upper right corner to access each tool. Otherwise the site isn't suported in FireFox yet.
The individual ePO-MVT download links are currently disabled are we are preparing to post a new build Tuesday night.