Did you mean: 
oc1969
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Manually uninstall MVT v5.5.2.0 originally installed via ePO

Jump to solution

Hello,

Apparently once upon a time we deployed MVT 5.5.2.0 via ePO to some workstations. I have a Windows 7 Workstation that is no longer managed my ePO (No McAfee Agent is installed) that i would like manually uninstall MVT from.

Any idea how to go about doing this? There is no uninstall option available when trying to uninstall from the Control Panel.

Thanks,

Steve

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
oc1969
Level 8
Message 5 of 7

Re: Manually uninstall MVT v5.5.2.0 originally installed via ePO

Jump to solution

Ended up opening up a case on this. Just in case somebody else comes across this post in their travels, this is the uninstall command that was used to get rid of it. The pathway may vary for 64-bit machines "Program Files(x86)".

C:\Program Files\McAfee\Supportability\ePOMVT\EPOMVTPlugin.exe /uninstall

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Jump to solution

People in ePO might know better but I would imagine the only way, other than searching through the registry and deleting all the McAfee keys (assuming no other McAfee product installed), is to install it again from http://mvt.mcafee.com/ and hope that it's uninstall entry in Control Panel will take everything with it subsequently.

This is home products and I don't even know if MVT is the same for us as it is for Enterprise.

oc1969
Level 8
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Will do, thank you for the advice!

Jump to solution

If you are no longer using Enterprise I guess you could also try our Technical Support people, linked via Useful Links at the top of this page.

Anyway good luck, hope it works.

Highlighted
oc1969
Level 8
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Ended up opening up a case on this. Just in case somebody else comes across this post in their travels, this is the uninstall command that was used to get rid of it. The pathway may vary for 64-bit machines "Program Files(x86)".

C:\Program Files\McAfee\Supportability\ePOMVT\EPOMVTPlugin.exe /uninstall

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

Interesting and thanks for posting that.  I would imagine that without the epo parts the same kind of command would work for the regular MVT.  But anyone reading this, only try it if there's no entry in Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program  (Add ot Remove in XP).  otherwise contact Technical Support.

Jump to solution

Moved this from Consumer/Home/MVT to Business > Support Tools (MVT and MER).

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community