Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

MVt & VSE 8 & HIPS 8

Jump to solution

i've installed this morning this tool to have a look on it.

It looks fine, it seems great but...

In the mvt policy, i just see the vse 7 and hips 7 menu in the patch management tab

Are thse two product managed bu MVT 1.0.7 ?

Are they not visible because of the lack of patch a this date ?

After a deployment test, i had an error reported in a key (HIPS STATE) for the  hips 8.0 and the remediate task executed after the diagonstic one  corrected this trouble.

So, could you confirm that latest version of VSE and HIPS are managed ?

Also do you have some advice on how to use this tool on a big domain ? (frequence, config )

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: MVt & VSE 8 & HIPS 8

Jump to solution

Hi,

That's right. Since there is no patch for VSE 8.8 yet, it wouldn't appear in the list.

regards

Raghavendra

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi,

You should be seeing products list such as, Common Management Agent, ePolicy Orchestrator, Mcafee Agent, GroupShield Exchange, etc.. under policies for ePOMVT. The product list appears for all the products for whom the patches are supported by ePOMVT and doesn't matter what is installed in the machine.

For example: There is no patch yet for HIP 8.0 and hence this would not appear in the list. VSE 7 is no more supported and you shouldn't be seeing this in list. But VSE 8.0 and above should be appearing.

Could you please let  me know what version of ePO has been installed? If possible please attach a screenshot of the patch page.

Please install the content updates for ePOMVT, so that the latest is reflected.

You can find more details here: http://mer.mcafee.com/enduser/downloadepomvt.aspx , also attaching WalkThroughGuide here for your convenience.

Thanks

Raghavendra

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

i made a mistake sorry, by VSE 7 i meaned 8.7

Actually i have VSE 8.7 and 8.8 on this ePO server but if i look into the strategy i don't see any VSE 8.8. Is it because there is not yet a patch for this product ?

ePo 4.5 patched with the content 8 for the mvt

mvtstrat1.png

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

That's right. Since there is no patch for VSE 8.8 yet, it wouldn't appear in the list.

regards

Raghavendra

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Thanks for your confirmation

One last question then but very important for me

If the tools is installed by the EPo on a computer. Wich user level do you need to launch it manually ? does this tool use the active credential or did it use the agent credential ?

P.maquoi

Ce message a été modifié par: Pmaquoi on 18/03/11 4:24:53 CDT
Highlighted

Jump to solution

When ePOMVT is launched via agent task it uses the agent credentials to complete the task.

regards

Raghavendra

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community