cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MVT looking for reg thread in wrong place.

I just called in a correction on the MVT scan last week. Now I see another one! A standard MVT scan with the 4.8X EPO agent shows it expecting:

Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\TVD\Shared Components\Framework Extended Path

However, we all know (or maybe not ALL)   that the key is actually here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Network Associates\TVD\Shared Components.

I rely on the MVT tool to tell me when my test systems are configured properly, and I have a message for the person responsible for configuring the back end of MVT.:

"Please, when you make a change on the MVT parameters, please check that it functions as intended on both your consumer AND enterprise products. I really don't want to do your work for you."

Thank you.

Message was edited by: awbattelle on 1/15/14 2:06:25 PM CST
6 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: MVT looking for reg thread in wrong place.

Anthony, I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. I'll ask the team to look into this. Can you please provide the session ID, and a copy of the log file above?

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 7

Anthony, I just double checked my Win 7 64bit machine, and I have the Extended Path key in both locations. Can you check on your machine as well?

Also, I just replicated this on my machine, so no need for the session ID or log.

I've uploaded the log here. Also, please note, that these test machines have been upgraded from the 4.8.0.887 agent.  We were getting clean readings after the scan engine issue. The only change we made was to start using the EPO delivered version of MVT. I'll try it with the full manual version and see if there's a difference.

Message was edited by: awbattelle on 1/15/14 3:28:51 PM CST

I did another scan with the manual version. Log enclosed. The only thing on the machine now is the agent, We did remove EEPC, and VSE for this test.

I do have a registry entry at the "expected location, but it is this;

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator]

Message was edited by: awbattelle on 1/15/14 3:29:26 PM CST
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 7

Anthony, the fix to this issue was released this morning. This was a false deviation that was found in QA and fixed, but due to an error the fix was overwritten by other changes.  We are discussing how to ensure we do not have a miss like this again. Sorry again for the issue, and thanks for your support.

Thanks Chris, Once again I find that this forum is the best way to solve or gain insight into most issues. A conversation among your peers always yields good information  if not always a fix.

Thanks again.

Message was edited by: awbattelle on 1/17/14 12:19:46 PM CST